Johnson & Johnson’s Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group within Medical Devices is recruiting for a Staff Scientist, Biochemist for Advanced Sterilization Products located in Irvine, CA.
The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, Sedation and Reprocessing all headquartered in our talent hub in Irvine, CA.
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), division of Ethicon, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, truly makes a difference by Protecting Lives against Infection®. ASP has been innovating since 1987 to help healthcare facilities protect patients with best-in-class infection prevention solutions. Learn more at Advanced Sterilization Products atwww.aspjj.com/us.
In this role, the Staff Scientist will plan and execute research projects for assessment and development of new technologies for cleaning and sterilization of medical instruments.
The Staff Scientist will:
- Prepare and execute protocols/studies to support product development from initial feasibility to final product verification / validation, while applying biochemistry principles, particularly enzyme and disinfection chemistry, in new product and assay development.
- Ensure quality of projects including design, execution, data summary and interpretation, and report preparation /review adherent to GDP and applicable regulations.
- (May) prepare and review written information to provide current product support.
- Oversee biochemistry laboratory equipment validation program.
- (May) provide guidance and work direction to lower level research scientists.
- Maintain awareness of the advances and needs in enzymatic chemistry, sterilization / disinfection, microbiology and biocompatibility.
- Seek out new ideas and applications through journals, patents, scientific reviews, and technical meetings.
- Advanced degree in Biochemistry or related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in related industries in an R&D setting is required.
- PhD is preferred.
- Strong knowledge in enzyme technology, biofilms, biochemistry, organic chemistry, microbiology is required.
- A strong knowledge in surfactants, detergents, disinfectants, sterilants, sterilization technologies, sterility assurance, disinfectants efficacy test methods is preferred.
- Strong knowledge in formulation development is required.
- A strong knowledge in statistical analysis such as mixture design, DOE, optimization is preferred.
- Must be able to provide direction to assign staff on performing duties and ensure understanding of and compliance with applicable laboratory and safety procedures.
- A strong working knowledge of QSR, FDA / ISO guidelines is preferred.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function