Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
A role critical to the implementation of SDET standards throughout several programs within CIT Client Systems and Marketing. QA efforts will range from Web based application as well as IT tools. Work would be performed on specific projects while simultaneously supporting BAU effort.
The ideal candidate would be in involved in the implementation of best practice techniques for test-driven development, value-based exploratory testing, risk identification, and production support. The resource would participate in early design discussions provide integrity to the App quality by identifying gaps, ensure critical analysis of documentation, and clarifying testing scenarios prior to development start. Providing innovative approaches to coordinate multi-region testing allowing more condensed testing schedules will be within daily activities.
The position would be responsible to operate within fast-paced initiatives, in order to retain quick time to market. With the agile-like project lifecycle, the candidate would need to have a deep understanding to balance Agile QA process, and audit compliance of SDLC standards. Supporting UAT testing would require similar coordination of the same QA groups to ensure seamless testing by providing proper scheduling of data preparation and defect tracking.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time (Required)
• Strong knowledge on web based applications in areas of marketing
• Strong knowledge on database testing (Required)
• Backend testing using UNIX (Win SCP and Putty)
• Strong Analytical, Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong Experience in automated test tools (QTP, Selenium)
• Hands on experience in testing desktop web, native and hybrid mobile apps, web API's, database testing and test automation
• Extensive experience in QA tools (ALM, Clear quest, JIRA, Rally)
• Expertise in database testing (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase and IBM DB2)
• Experience in with SoapUI/Pro, Parasoft or CA Lisa test environments is a plus.
• Knowledge of object oriented programming using Page/Object model
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and review test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures
• Develop test scripts, test conditions, input test data, and expected results for one or more test plans in a development cycle by analyzing the Functional Specifications and Business Requirements/User Stories.
• Perform all type of testing (Positive, Negative, Boundary, Stress, Scale, Longevity, Concurrency, Globalization)
• Manage all communications related to QA Status on a daily basis during execution. Reporting potential risks during all any stages of development lifecycle.
• Work with end user to develop processes and reporting tools for UAT testing.
• Work with the development team to resolve any issues that arise out of the testing process
• Work on the automation test tools to automate functional and regression test scenarios. Execution of Automated test suite for each new build.
• Communication of Project Planning is complete with the business, development, and PMO regarding status, milestones, issue resolution and escalation.
• Provide daily updates on the QA activities in scrum calls.
• Ensuring adherence to the company's software testing processes and policies
• User Acceptance Test and post-implementation support.
• Strong internal customer relationships are essential and this position will work with Business Partners, internal staff, external vendors and system integrators on a daily basis to ensure quality assurance is performed in alignment with global initiatives and requirements across the enterprise
• Offshore-Onsite co-ordination with the teams.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required
8-10 years' experience required
Extensive Experience and understanding in leading QA process [Agile and Waterfall].
Extensive experience in QA tools (ALM, Clear quest, JIRA, Rally)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.