Description Come join the Consumer Tax Group Operations Engineering team as a Staff Site Reliability Engineer. It is an exciting time to be part of Intuit's Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. SRE operate right at the intersection of Software Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering to build and operate large scale systems that are secure, fault-tolerant, highly available, affordable, and scalable. Using industry best practices, tools, and principles from software engineering, architecture, and security to build them into our software tools to solve operations problems. We are looking to hire outstanding individuals to join our team of Site Reliability Engineers. Build and run the platform that delivers TurboTax services to all of its customers. Help us build the TurboTax experience on a global scale.
- Applies full understanding of the business, the customer, and the solutions that a business offers to effectively design, develop, and implement operational capabilities, tools and processes that enable highly available, scalable & reliable customer experiences
- Utilizes their deep knowledge of operations engineering, connected services, and information technology plus their knowledge of industry best practices to innovate and influence operational approaches and solutions
- Works on significant assignments that are broad in scope and complexity, may cross several functional and organizational boundaries, and cover a wide range of issues
- Exercises independent judgment in the selection of methods and techniques used to deliver operational solutions. Considers build, buy and partnering alternatives in the selection process
- Creates formal internal and external networks outside of own area of expertise to leverage and adopt ideas, technologies and best practices that helps the organization move fast
- Coaches and mentors other application operations engineers on methods and techniques
- Coordinates technical dependencies with other teams
- May be a technical lead for complex projects
- Will participate in the definition of project objectives
- May influence organizational goals beyond a specific project
- 5+ years of solid experience with production operations managing large scale systems.
- 2+ years of solid experience with software development or working knowledge of software development. Open source development a plus.
- 2+ solid years of hands on experience working on AWS (EC2, ELB, VPC, Route53, RDS, etc)
- 2+ year of solid Puppet, Chef - Preferred, Ansible, or Salt experience in server provisioning automation.
- Experience with web and application servers such as Apache, NginX - Preferred, Tomcat - Preferred, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic, IIS, or SJSAS/Glassfish.
- Proficiently use of one or more scripting languages - (Perl, Python - preferred, Ruby, GoLang, Shell Scripts, etc.)
- Experience with setup and configuration of logging and monitoring tools (AppD - preferred, Splunk - preferred, Zabbix, Nagios, NewRelic, Cacti, Tripwire, or SCOM)
- Solid understanding of networking including TCP/IP stack, basic switching/routing concepts.
- Experience with CICD tools (Jenkins - preferred, Spinnaker, CodePipeline, TeamCity, Bamboo)
- Experience with MySQL, Oracle, or SQL Server.
- Experience with Big Data Systems and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Hbase, or MongoDB) a plus.
- Experience with High Performance Computing (HPC) and Distributed File Systems (DFS) a plus.
- Must possess strong management, analysis, and organizational, oral and written communication skills.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer Release Engineering (AWS, Java) Staff Software Engineer Manager 2 Development Staff Software Engineer - Salesforce CRM Engineer Senior Software Engineer See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.