- Applies full understanding of the business, the customer, and the solutions that a business offers to effectively design, develop, and implement operational capabilities, tools and processes that enable highly available, scalable & reliable customer experiences
- Utilizes their deep knowledge of operations engineering, connected services, and information technology plus their knowledge of industry best practices to innovate and influence operational approaches and solutions
- Works on significant assignments that are broad in scope and complexity, may cross several functional and organizational boundaries, and cover a wide range of issues
- Exercises independent judgment in the selection of methods and techniques used to deliver operational solutions. Considers build, buy and partnering alternatives in the selection process
- Creates formal internal and external networks outside of own area of expertise to leverage and adopt ideas, technologies and best practices that helps the organization move fast
- Coaches and mentors other application operations engineers on methods and techniques
- Coordinates technical dependencies with other teams
- May be a technical lead for complex projects
- Will participate in the definition of project objectives
- May influence organizational goals beyond a specific project
- Incident management reports, including initial problem analysis, management status, resolution, and follow up defect reporting
- Technical documentation on supported applications & operational tools
- Application Deployment Plan and implementation
- Configuration of monitoring agents at the software layer, and the development of meaningful alerts and the escalation procedures
- Responses to monitoring alerts according to defined playbooks and procedures
- Participation in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes
- Implementation of business operations standards
- Suggestions for process improvements and enhanced operational efficiencies
- Implementation of monitoring agents
- Management of application deployment processes
- Management of RCA processes for a specific application
- Implementation of improved operational processes
- Real Time Application Dashboards showing overall health of the system
- Code reviews of operational solutions
- Facilitate the creation of the Operational readiness documents
- Review and development of performance and capacity plans (operational capacity and load requirements)
- Specifications for onboarding new offerings, including trouble shooting, patch processes, cross organizational incident management processes, security breach response plans, etc.
- Implementation plans for application disaster recovery, migration, roll-back plans, expansion, routine deployments, and system upgrades
- Metrics reporting on applications performance, availability, reliability, etc.
- Design reviews of operational approaches and solutions
- Contributions to Operational Standards and Requirements
- Risk Analysis and root cause analysis
- Technical feasibility and approach decisions
- Public presentations at internal events
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Full Stack Staff Software Engineer, Direct Connectivity Senior Software Engineer Senior Software Engineer Senior Web Appplications Developer Staff Software Engineer See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.