GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Software Architect - Business
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
San Ramon, Longmont, Houston
GE Oil & Gas Digital is seeking a Staff Software Architect - Business to help lead the execution of customer engagements focused on building out its Asset Performance Management (APM) Predix-enabled solutions to the world's oil and gas customers. If you are the type of person who wakes up and thinks "how can I help my customers succeed, while bringing my technical expertise to the table to guide them?" then this role is for you.
As a member of a regional engagement team, the Staff employee will be helping the team to build long-term operational and engineering relationships with the customer they are passionately engaging with. They will enable the customer to successfully navigate the ups and downs of engagement to end-delivery, and will work to ensure that team is remaining committed to successful outcomes that align to industry standards, and drive towards repeat account engagement.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Customer Engagements to work through the delivery of insights, data-driven solutions, and custom projects that will drive our product roadmaps. You will be the on the team who is the trusted guide for our customers who are adopting oil and gas' Predix-enabled APM solutions, leading them on the journey from prototyping, proof of concepts, and pilots, to onboarding and advanced usage and advocacy. You will help the team lead post-sales efforts in building out processes and procedures that ensure success and are repeatable in making customers delighted and successful. You will need to become an oil and gas Predix-enabled APM expert, so you can speak, and teach, intelligently on the value and usage of each part of the solution.
In this role, you will:
* Be part of the team that is the primary owner of the engineering and operations components of a customer engagement, where you drive their ultimate success maximize the value they get from their engagement journey regarding oil and gas Predix-enable APM solutions from the prototyping, proof of concept, pilot and production phases.
* Drive technical discussions around potential solutions and document findings. Assist Senior Staff Business Architecture team members to deliver a high caliber solution for the end customer.
* Be part of a highly engaged customer engagements team focused on customer delivery toward client engagement phasing and execution objectives.
* Build value-based relationships with your customer ensuring that they remain satisfied as a GE customer.
* Advocate internally and lead initiatives that will deliver additional value for our customers.
* Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college. Technical/Engineering degree preferred.
* 4+ years of professional experience in technical/operations/engineering roles in the oil and gas industry with increasing responsibility and scope.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel +50%
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA, Longmont, CO, or Houston, TX
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* A true passion for customers and Customer Success with the ability to build and sustain strong relationships with clients, including a quick and keen ability to understand the stakeholder landscape within customer environments and identify heat maps for all customer engagements.
* Strong cross-functional leadership skills to advocate and champion activities and initiatives on behalf of customers, and willingness to travel and spend time on customer sites.
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to identify value-based solutions with the customer, and handles account issues at the highest of professional standards, and can juggle multiple requests from customers - from deep technical discussions on the Predix Platform, to aligning APM functionality and new opportunities for development to customer use cases, to digging in to a process flow diagram or customer engineering data and understanding their outcomes.
* Creative and curious learner who listens to customers, and is eager to understand their overall internal journey and strategies, and how GE can support and enhance their strategies. Strong willingness to learn core GE technologies and teach customers.
* High proficiency in English (reading, writing, speaking) is preferred.
* Oil and gas experience is a plus.
* Previous consulting experience at a highly regarded firm is desired.
* Experience with project management processes (PMBOK processes) is a plus.
* Experience with agile development (proof of concept, pilots, production) and rapid prototyping is a plus.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.