- Architecting and developing web, software, mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC's)
- Leading the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
- Roughly 40-60% hands-on coding
- Generate technical documentation and PowerPoint presentations to communicate architectural and design options, and educate development teams and business users
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results
- Demonstrate a passion for developing well architected, elegant, web and/or mobile apps
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- Serious geek street cred if you have a robust portfolio on GitHub and/or Open Source contributions of which you are proud to share!
- 6+ years' OOP, preferably Java with strong design skills
- Deep understanding of the software design and architecture process, concept to implementation
- Experience with social, mobile, cloud/SaaS/PaaS
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large-scale, consumer-facing web or mobile applications, displaying an understanding of the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications
- 2+ years' consuming and creating web services and APIs, (REST or SOAP)
- AWS or another public cloud strongly preferred
- Data stores with things with RDBMS
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Agile, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a required due to the dynamic nature of discussions and collaborations with other engineering and product teams
- You know what continuous integration means, and believe automation is the path to happiness
- Always Be Learning: Experience with open source technologies (if no practical work experience w/ Big Data, or cutting edge front-end technology-you're prototyping and/or researching the up and coming technology and solutions
- You've got a burning passion for identifying and solving real consumer and business problems
- BS/MS in STEM
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer Senior Software Engineer Software Engineer 2 - Front End Staff Software Engineer - Quickbooks Platform Engineering Senior "Full Stack" Software Engineer See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.