Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of the platform for consumer facing mobile and digital products. Must be able to coordinate and manage input from business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the design and execution of large-scale technology initiatives.
The role is a self-organized Senior Software Engineer with solid Java and web service development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Austin, TX, and will report to the Director of Software Engineering.
- Engage in technical design of solution that is based on use cases and business requirements
- Complete proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions
- Engages dev leads and architects (both enterprise and domain) to ensure that overall Enterprise Architecture is inclusive of all stakeholder viewpoints and are vetted to ensure that artifacts supports, reflects, advances and integrates as intended
- Ensures inclusion of Visa's business vision, current business environment (internally and externally) and technology and industry trends to enable results that drive Visa's business
• BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 3 years of experience Java and web service development -OR- MS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields
• Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST, JERSEY)
• Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design patterns
• Experience programming in Java
• Experience working with a variety of Application Servers (primarily Tomcat)
• Solid understanding of database technologies, SQL and JPA
• Preferred Experience in payments integration and / or online ecommerce shopping and / or Payment gateways
• Proven problem solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenges
• Strong dedication to test automation and Test Driven Development
• Obsessive about code quality
• Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
• Ability to convey development concepts related to network, application, and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
• Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment
• Java, Spring, JPA, REST, SQLAdditional Information
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.