Company Description Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description T eam Description
Are you a Data Wizard? Are you fascinated by the world of Big Data and want to work with the cutting edge tools and technologies related to it?
The Data group is part of the Visa's technology organization. The division is responsible for maintaining Visa's data assets and provides value added information product and services to our clients and internal users. The data resides in various repositories like relational databases, HBASE, HDFS & other proprietary data stores. The client access to these data is enabled as information products
and services through a set of Web Service, BI products & data extracts.
The Platform as Service (PaaS) development group is part of the Data division that designs, develops and manages tools and services which enable rapid product development on top of the data platform. It is a multi-tenant environment built around the Hadoop ecosystem with services for providing data administration and data access. Responsibilities
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be responsible for t he design, development and maintenance of various PaaS components. The responsibilities include
- Design, develop, document and implement new tools and services
- Enhance, modify, and debug existing software
- Adhere to established coding guidelines and Visa security standards
- Write comprehensive test plans and automate testing of components
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Develop tools techniques and practices to facilitate delivery on the Hadoop platform
- Develop core expertise in all aspects of Development on the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Understand the business requirements and work with technology teams to recommend best
approach to delivering solutions on the Hadoop Platform.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties
for software development or support issues
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
The Ideal candidate would meet the following criteria
- BS / MS in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- At least 7-10 years of industry experience. The candidate must have excellent Java programming skills.
- At least 3+ years in Hadoop and related technologies - Map Reduce, HBASE, Hive, PIG, Impala, Kafka
- Experience using JIRA, GIT version control and bug tracking tools
- Worked in Agile development environments
- Comfortable learning new technologies quickly
- Development experience in a Cross-platform, multi-tier environment
- Strong communication skills, with proven ability to present complex ideas and to document in a clear and concise way
- Experience on Cloudera distributions preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.