Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Visa is seeking a Staff SW Engineer focusing on test automation within the Commercial Product Development team which is a part of Visa's Data organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ Information products and services for Visa's Commercial line of products. Our range of products include data processing platforms, BI reporting and data mining solutions, B2B payments platform etc. This position reports to Director, Visa IntelliLink Platform and will be based in Austin, TX.Responsibilities:
- Write software code that complies with design specifications and meets security and best practices that will meet development and support requirements
- Create design components, develop code and test changes utilizing test driven development. Coding must adhere to department standards, be easily maintainable, and have high system performance
- Write automated test cases to test your code Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, regression testing, automated builds, and source control
- Develop close working relationships with members of teams within the organization
- Become knowledgeable of Visa's core technology, infrastructure and standards
- Design and develop new systems as well as enhancements and fixing defects to existing software
- Participate as a team member in Agile teams and work with the product owner to review user stories, estimate and create sprint backlogs, participate in sprint reviews, demos and retrospectives
- Interface with other groups to develop and implement solutions
- Participate in the development and implementation phases of projects to integrate regional applications into global platforms
- Conduct peer code reviews with team members and third party vendors
- Review implementation plans and participate and even be able to manage product installations
- Validate successful introduction of newly deployed products and feature sets to the market
- Write and maintain architecture and design documentation
- As part of the interview process, the candidate should be able to whiteboard code challenges.
- Ideal candidates possess top notch debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problem
- 8+ years of Experience is Must have in the below mentioned fields
- Experience in Java, J2EE, UNIX/Linux, PL/SQL, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Optimizations, Object-Oriented design, Shell scripting
- Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Should be very strong in Core java basics and Algorithms Extensive Experience with Multi-threading, Spring etc
- Should have extensive hands on experience in developing message based architecture and low latency applications
- Must be able to tune the application performance and do memory management, and understand fundamentals of garbage collection
- Experience with Spring MVC, Struts, JPA and Hibernate technologies
- Experience in webservers like Tomcat,JBOSS Expertise in Service Oriented Design & implementing RESTful APIs, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, JSON, Web services and XML
- Strong knowledge and working experience in relational database technology: SQL, JDBC, Oracle Experience with Web Services (JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, JAXB, REST/XML-over-HTTP, SOAP, WSDL)
- Experience and working knowledge of Service Choreography, Service Orchestration, ESB, Service Registry
- Familiarity with Maven, SVN and GIT Experience with visualization and drawing/charting/graph library such as D3JS, and ExtJS Experience using Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Test Automation
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.