Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. We have a great suite of offerings that empower merchants including CyberSource and Authorize.Net integrated commerce products.
Together, we are building leading edge full-service Payment Management solutions combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Enterprise Risk Solutions team! Job Description
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of our Enterprise Risk Solutions team to help design, enhance and build our transactional Fraud detection engine in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will be part of teams tasked with multiple projects building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. We believe in self managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on u nit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written and moved to production within just a few days, to then be used by a huge customer base including Facebook, Nike, FedEx, Apple to name a few.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
Some of Your Key Responsibilities
Our engineers do more than just write code:
• You'll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs
• You'll use technologies that include Java, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more
• You will analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution
• You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems
• You'll leverage new technologies to build the next generation of Risk Services
• You'll lead efforts to architect, design and implement various components of our global transaction processing systems
• Your DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
• You'll lead meeting and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams
• You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player! Qualifications
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 10+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 7+ years of Software Development Experience
- You are a Java, Java EE expert with relevant experience designing and building large scale enterprise Java applications
- You have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar, Junit
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions and improvements
- While you'll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you're able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
- You have a strong work ethic to focus on our goals
- You have proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand the requirements and independently, architect, design and build the solution.
- You have the passion to work with people and help mentor your juniors to reach new heights.
- As an end-end champion for your products, you will have strong debugging and Unix skills to help support our Operations teams
- A background in the Fraud domain and NoSQL is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.