Our team is dedicated to building on past success for our customers. We are committed to leveraging Visa's Big Data in the most efficient, secure way to maximize the profit potential of this vital corporate asset. We maintain PBs of data with over 90 data systems for our lines of business, product development and bank customers, and provide services on behalf of our traditional customers to millions of cardholders and merchants around the world. Our applications are on the cutting edge of technology, and we are viewed as innovative leaders within our industry.
We've embarked on a new multi-year long term architecture (LTA) that is designed to reduce the overall cost of ownership of Visa's Big data assets and leverage those assets into a revenue generating business opportunities. As a successful public company, this team is essential to the success of our global alignment
initiatives, meeting new market demands, and driving innovation to meet customer needs. Job Description
Visa is looking for Software Engineer responsible for BI administration of a complex BI infrastructure, primarily - but not limited to - MicroStrategy and Tableau Server, ensuring customer satisfaction, superior performance, security adherence and supportability of the BI platform. The candidate will provide erudite information and participate in shaping and defining Visa's BI strategy and direction. Primary responsibilities
- Manage, install, configure, tune and maintain BI Infrastructure, primarily MicroStrategy and Tableau server releases in accordance with standard operational procedures and policies.
- Follow and advocate high security standards protecting Visa's data assets.
- Certify new SW releases/upgrades.
- Integrate BI tools with Big Data (Hadoop/Hive/Spark , etc)
- Support transitioning BI to Big Data.
- Monitor and resolve incident tickets in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support systems during and after major/minor system upgrades and maintenances.
- Support BI user/developer communities.
- Promote projects and objects changes through the various environments.
- Develop, publish and promote BI standards.
- Monitor and tune the systems to achieve optimal performance levels.
- Understand various business requirements to prioritize the workloads according to business needs.
- Maintain inventories and documentation of the tool and associated processes as required.
- Define and create BI system performance and utilization metrics and dashboards for preventive monitoring and effective capacity planning.
- 4+ years of hands-on administration for MicroStrategy 9.x, 10.x or similar Business Intelligence (BI) products (Tableau Server, Business Objects...)
- 2+ years hands-on experience working in Linux environments.
- Experience with MicroStrategy System Manager, Object Manager and Integrity
- Experience with Shell scripting and task automation
- Knowledge of network technologies such as: VMWare, Citrix, TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of various authentication protocols (SSO, Kerberos, LDAP)
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver customer focused service.
- Comfortable working in a production environment with change management, defect tracking and status reporting processes.
- Communicate well with others to perform work in a team environment, direct or act as a resource for less experienced systems administrators.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science.
- Quick learner; self-starter, detailed and thorough.
- Experience with Big Data Analytics
- Experience with MicroStrategy leveraging I-Cubes, Web, Mobile and Distribution Services, Narrowcast processing.
- Experience with Tableau Server Administration or any enterprise BI tool.
- Experience with administering MicroStrategy Web and Intelligence servers
- Experience with Mobile product across multiple environments.
- Experience with MicroStrategy tools ( e.g. Object Manager, Integrity Manager, Command Manager)
MicroStrategy Certification (MCEP or MCE).
- Experience with monitoring tools for OS and Web.
- Experience with MicroStrategy Enterprise Manager reports and data model.
- Experience with Web application servers; e.g. Tomcat, WAS, or II .
- Understand report development and design.
- Knowledge of LDAP & SSO technologies.
- Database/SQL knowledge and experience.
- Hadoop, CHD, Spark, Splunk, hBase
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.