GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Software Engineer
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
This role will serve as Technical Lead for one or more co-located Agile development pods. You will work closely with business stakeholders, and IT Product owners/managers to manage the product backlog and ensure that developed features meet stakeholder requirements, plan and manage the sprint schedule ensuring that development cycles are completed on time and on budget with optimum velocity, and be responsible for reporting on team progress to various levels of management.
* Coordinate [and contribute to] the coding, testing, documentation, implementation, and production maintenance of the software application
* Provide day to day work direction for team members engaged in projects and delivery.
* Support and embrace a DevOps culture. Be capable and willing to build brand new application functionality whilst supporting a [soon-to-be] live production application
* Work closely with business stakeholders and product owners to define, refine, and prioritize user stories
* Work with development pod to plan sprint schedules based on the backlog of user stories and squad velocity, as well as initiate and drive the design discussions for upcoming user stories
* Drive a continuous learning culture to help guide continuous improvements
* Actively pursue new methods and practices to increase productivity
* Coordinate daily stand ups, end of sprint demos, retrospectives, scrum of scrum, etc.
* Facilitate and coach development team on requirements estimate and work sizing.
* Provide leadership on Lean/Agile principles and development practices
* 3+ years of software development experience in at least one of the following:
* Angular.js, Node.js, Java, J2EE, Spring Framework, MVC, OSGi, SOAP/REST webservices
* Bachelor's Degree in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) OR the completion of a code development pair-programming, bootcamp-style, or accelerated training curriculum focused on contemporary software development OR High School Diploma / GED with a 4 year minimum of IT experience.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development experience
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in New Orleans, LA
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience using Agile for software development projects
* Proven track record of successful project delivery
* Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
* Proficient with Rally/Agile Central
* Experience as a technical lead for teams developing with Predix, Angular.js, Node.js, and Postgres
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to non-technical and executive audiences.
* Strong analytical skills - strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
* Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
* Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.