Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
- Solid understanding of Android and Java framework, network architecture and software design patterns (required)
- Experience shipping one or more apps, preferably currently available on the Google Play Store (required)
- Passion for user experience and knowledge of Android Application Patterns as per the Android Development Guidelines (required)
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for mobile platform. (required).
- Deep understanding and experience with testing frameworks such as Espresso, JUnit, Roboelectric, etc. (required)
- Experience with using common libraries such as RxJava, Retrofit, Butterknife, Dagger, Picasso, etc. (preferred)
- Proven understanding of the Gradle Build System (preferred)
- Knowledge Android security practices.
- Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects.
- Ability to convey development concepts related to network, application, and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to provide thought leadership on mobile excellence and practice.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives.
- Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop next generation mobile payment applications, write solid code following best development practices.
- Work as a part of scrum team executing the products requirements working with UX, product management and other teams in an agile manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the Android Platform.
- Develop mobile framework and UI based on best practices.
- Execute POCs for visionary initiatives.
- Work independently and provide guidance to junior developers.
- BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related fields with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Android Application Development (required). -OR-
- MS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related fields with a minimum of 2 years of experience in Android Application Development (required).
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.