Participates in and leads a development team. Provides direction in the design, development, modification, and evaluation of software components and systems. Instructs and provides technical guidance to engineers and other technical staff through the design and development process.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Technical Lead Architect Role:
· Provides technical software architecture and design direction, working closely with leads/subsystem leads on design strategies.
· Focuses on building reusable modules and platforms.
· Participates in design reviews, modules (e.g. Tuner, Power Moding, CD, Mode, DAB, Telematics, PDIM, NVM, Personalization, HMI, Watchdog, NVM, GMLAN, ODI, etc).
· Delivers platform/core modules and integration of system for each planned release and integration.
· Mentors new team members on design guidelines, robustness strategies, etc.
· Leads concept of Technical audits to find supplier quality issues and fix prior to delivery.
· Leads stability team to investigate/root cause high severity system stability issues for launch readiness.
· Leads enhancements of the system design to improve error recovery and improve robustness of system design.
· Manages core development team, projects and deliver architecture and cross platform components.
· Manages resource allocation/assignment and priorities, including maintaining transition plans from turn-over of resources.
· Responsible for Performance Reviews for PASA team members.
Project Management Role:
· Manages iterative development/feature by phase plan and delivery of customer commitments, including support for test releases to field test teams.
· Mentors current and new team members in task estimation and project planning. This will include organization of task and priorities and Software development process.
· Works with Project planner to provide improvement/direction to project plan development.
· Participates in design reviews of SW modules.
· Participates in design reviews at the component, subsystem, and project level.
· Responsible for handling prioritization of tasks, will work closely with the leads, including negotiating schedule and deliveries with engineering team.
· Supports program reviews, including management of stability issues and measurement reports.
Software Development Role:
· Works with Group Manager, Team Lead and Leads to define software organization roles and responsibilities.
· Supports budget estimation for resourcing and development.
· Manages supplier tasks and deliverables.
· Supports infrastructure needs, tool orders, P/Os and invoices.
· Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
· Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
· Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience with full life cycle embedded software development in electronics.
· Minimum of five (5) years experience in Software Architect/Design.
· Minimum of five (5) years experience leading and directing staff.
· Five (5) years of experience in an electronics-manufacturing environment.
· System level design work and solving complex problems independently.
· Experience with software development tools (configuration management, design, emulation, debugging, compliers, etc.).
· Linux shell and RTOS.
· Android, Linux kernel, SoC.
· Proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
SOME OF THE TOYS YOU GET TO PLAY WITH:
· Reusable Models
· Reports, Charts, Graphs
· Software Development Tools
BENEFITS AND PERKS – WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
· Great Benefits + Company-matched 401K retirement savings
· Annual Bonus Program
· Educational Assistance and Reimbursement Program
· Relaxed dress code
· Onsite Recreation Center & Café
· Telecommuter and Work Mobility Program
· Onsite Happy Hours!
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.