Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Are you passionate about conceptualizing, nurturing, developing and proving new ideas and developing them into new solutions? Would you like to help create the next major innovation in and around the payment landscape pioneering and leveraging the most advanced devices, hardware and software in the world, anything and everything in and around world's largest payment ecosystem?
Are you looking to join a start-up or an incubator so that you could convert your ideas into real products? Come join us.
Visa will provide the tools, the environment, the eco-system and the support you need. You will find an informal, innovation friendly environment at 1 Market St in the middle of San Francisco downtown, overlooking some sweeping views of the Bay and Bay Bridge.
Interested? Read on and apply
- Apply data mining and machine learning for inference, modeling, anomaly detection, classification, smoothing, and forecasting
- Use Map-Reduce frameworks such as Pig, statistical software such as R or Statistica, and scripting languages like Python
- Write complex SQL queries for data extraction and modeling
- Co-create solutions with large banking, retail and technology partners which would change the way payments are done
- Experience with Big-Data Cluster-Computation: Hadoop/Hive/Pig and related technologies
- Experience with SQL and noSQL based technologies
- Experience building and consuming REST APIs
- Familiarity with Statistical analysis and modeling using R, MATLAB, Statistica, and Weka
- Strong algorithmis, data structures, and computer science fundamentals
- Thorough understanding and experience using SVM, HMM, k-means, kNN, Artificial Neural Networks (Deep Learning), and statistical smoothing techniques for regression
- 7 years of experience in software development and minimum 3 years experience with data mining and machine learning
- Education: Masters's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, or Operations Research
- Education: PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, or Operations Research
- Experience dealing with large amounts of data for internet scale production applications
- Experience with payments industry
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.