DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies,
is recruiting for Staff Software
Engineer, Enabling Technologies to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most
innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the
world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of
products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma,
spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and
biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we
are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's
evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to
develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient
care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Software Staff Engineer, Enabling Technologies will report to the
Director or Enabling Technologies. In this newly created position, the Software
Engineer will translate product requirements into equipment software
requirements and develop test cases for software verification and validation.
Interface with equipment integrators for reviewing software requirements and
design, control of source code, reviewing code, configuration management,
change management, program testing, integration of software, and release
Specific responsibilities of the Staff Software Engineer include:
- Coordinate and participate in the design and
development of electrical/software requirements and electrical/software
architectures for intraoperative tissue structure detection and imaging
- Coordinate, review and approve electrical/
software documentation created by external partners, including product
requirements, schematics, code, verification and validation test protocols and
reports. Plan and execute design verification and design validation activities.
- Fulfill design control requirements including
the creation of detailed electrical/software specifications, detailed design
files, design verification and validation test plans and quality assurance risk
management, DHF, protocols, and reports in accordance with company procedures,
FDA and ISO guidelines. – Quality is key
- Generate and manage timelines, resources, and
budgets for completion of assigned projects.
- Lead in identification and subsequent
interactions and development activities with External partners who bring
essential synergistic technologies and capabilities.
- Provide technical leadership to project teams
from charter to launch for highly complex products.
- Execute complex, multi-disciplinary technical
projects; develops corresponding patent strategies. Works with in-house teams, cross J&J
teams, and external collaborators including companies and consultants to align
technical project strategies with the regulatory, preclinical, and clinical
strategies to meet business objectives.
- Understand technological advancements,
environmental changes, reimbursement, key competitor’s offerings; and provide
analysis on technological feasibility, I/P landscape, risk assessment, and sales
and market considerations in order to meet business objectives.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer
Sciences, Engineering or related discipline along with a minimum of 6 years of
experience is required.
- If you hold a Master’s Degree and 4 years of
experience and/or a PhD and 2 years of industry/professional experience you may
also be considered for this role.
- Experience in highly regulated industry is
required; medical device industry is preferred.
- Proven track record of accomplishments in software enabled surgery innovation and product development setting is
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
across multiple functions and expertise in building and maintaining
relationships with internal / external stakeholders is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
skills are required.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm
design, problem solving, and complexity analysis is required.
- Ability to design, implement, and test software
in an environment of rapidly evolving requirements is preferred.
- Experience developing full stack software is
- Business logic
- Extensive breadth of experience and a strong
working knowledge in at least 3 of the 8 Competencies is required:
- Software quality assurance
- Software solutions
- Previous experience with product development
from concept to commercial launch is required.
- Familiarity with the FDA/ISO requirements &
standards, approval process and pathways is preferred.
- Position requires approximately 15% travel
including international and is based in Raynham, MA.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
R&D Engineering (R&D)Requisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.