Staff Software Engineer, Front End
Posted: April 15, 2017
Reference ID: 111271872
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
Our UI Engineering team is building the front-end for a unified digital payments system, used by millions of users, and shared by top merchants, payment providers, and banks. Our front-end powers multiple applications including Visa Checkout, and has a global reach that spans 5 continents and 20+ countries. The technologies we use include React, Sass, Node, Jasmine, just to name a few. We collaborate closely with each other in engineering, design and product teams, are passionate about excellence in technical design and coding, and strive for continuous learning and improvement.
You are passionate about developing well-architected mobile Web applications and enjoy solving challenging technical problems that meet business objectives. You are just as comfortable leading teams and planning large scale technology projects, as you enjoy writing good code and supporting the execution of projects into production.
* Lead product feature teams from inception to launch
* Build SPA Web applications and UI components shared across multiple applications using React based front-end stack
* Work closely with multiple stakeholders in cross-functional organization in an Agile environment
* Architect technical solutions that support the needs and objectives of both the product roadmap and the technology roadmap
* Design and build applications for performance, scalability, availability, reliability, and security
* Develop with mobile-first approach for multiple mobile form factors
* Maintain high coding standards and follow best practices such as unit testing, peer reviews
* Mentor fellow teammates and provide technical subject matter expertise
* Complete proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions
* Experience working on cross-browser, cross-device, hybrid apps
* Experience with front-end build/publish tools like npm, grunt, webpack, browserify
* B.S/M.S in Computer Science or related field
* Familiarity with Web accessibility implementation is a plus
* Familiarity with Java and Apache Tomcat is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.