Digital Predix Products & Technology
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Software Engineer - Frontend
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
You will be responsible for designing and programming an application module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. You will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will contribute actively to and/or lead design discussions.
* Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
* Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
* Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
* Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
* Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs. Seek and provide feedback on design and development
* Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
* Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
* Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and automation
* Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
* Articulate the need for scalability, be an expert in assessing application performance and and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
* Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
* Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in software design & development OR Master's degree with 6 years of experience OR PhD with 3 years of experience
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Hands-on experience in building modern web applications that can scale
* Experience with tooling such as Bower, Grunt, NPM, Git, etc
* Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design principles, Data Structures, and Computer Science fundamentals
* Familiarity with server side or proxy layer development using technologies such as Node.js or nGinx.
* Experience with Express Framework and ES6 is a definite plus
* Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
* Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
* Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
* Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
* Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
* Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
* Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
* Able to work under minimal supervision
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
* Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members
* Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.