Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be. Job Description
The Test Engineering team in Network Processing Risk is responsible for testing highly available backend applications that provides fraud risk information to Visa's Advanced Authorization System which can detect domestic and international fraud patterns that range from single incidents to large scale assaults. Advance Authorization has helped our global clients reduce fraud losses and improve transaction authorization throughput.
We are in need of a highly motivated and skilled Staff Software Engineer in Test that is passionate on using modern software engineering and testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
The Staff Software Engineer in Test is part of the Risk Systems Test Engineering team based in Foster City, CA. T he successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Network Processing Risk and collaborate with other peer Test Engineering organizations to ensure high levels of software quality and seamless code releases. Key Responsibilities
- Lead efforts to design, develop, execute, and maintain automated test suites
- Enhance test automation framework in support of Continuous Integration
- Document and publish test plans, test designs, test results, and analysis to product and development team
- Collaborate with Development and Product teams to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Work closely with quality assurance engineers and provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required
- 4 years software engineering experience
- 3+ years test automation experience
- Excellent coding skills in Java
- Hands-on experience with test frameworks such as Selenium, JUnit or TestNG
- Experience with software builds, testing and continuous integration tools preferably Jenkins
- Solid experience testing high availability backend applications
- Shell scripting experience on Linux
- Strong oral and written communications skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.