The Risk and Authentication development group is responsible for building critical risk and authentication products, applications, and services in VISA. This includes idea generation, the design, development, and testing of products, applications, and services that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
This position is ideal for an experienced SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of the R&A development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. Sometimes you will be working on brand-new software solutions, and at other times you may be refactoring existing functionality for performance and maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient and provide better solutions to our customers. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills, extensive knowledge of Database systems (RDBMS), and experience with Big Data systems integration and technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. You will also have opportunities to help and guide junior team members.
- Collaborate with project team members (Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure development and implementation of new data driven business solutions
- Drive development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements, conform to the architectural vision, and comply with all applicable standards. Responsibilities span all phases of solution development including:
- Engagement in requirements definition and clarification in collaboration with Business to ensure completeness and common understanding; deep understanding of the business needs is important
- Collaboration and alignment with architects and senior technologists on architecture and design
- Providing solid cost estimates for effort and time
- Creating design documentation
- Facilitating design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Facilitating code reviews with team members and third party vendors
- The review and assessment of impact of proposed scope changes on assigned deliverables
- Work with other engineering teams to facilitate a common approach to continuous integration that includes build automation, test automation, and deployment automation
- Collaborate with senior technical staff and PM to identify, document, plan contingency, track and manage risks and issues until all are resolved
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years' experience in Object Oriented software development building scalable, robust, and high-performance applications and services
- Expert Java developer and proficient in at least one other OO programming language such as c/c++ or Python
- Experience with creating data driven business solutions and solving data problems using a wide variety of technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, MongoDB, NoSQL, as well as traditional data technologies like RDBMS, SQL Server
- Experience in developing web services solutions (XML, SOAP, JSON, HTTP, etc.)
- Strongly motivated and/or experienced in test driven development and test automation
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Test technologies such as Jenkins, Subversion, Maven, Hudson, Git, Selenium, Chef
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving ability
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.