Software Engineering Job Number:
This is an essential member of the Revenue and Pricing Systems organization operating in devops model, focusing on developing large scale billing source data mediation services for the downstream billing platforms, participating in the entire service lifecycle, from design through the development and test process to production support.
- A senior member of the scrum team consisting Java engineers, system analysts and technical product manager, tasked to build and maintain a highly scalable data mediation engine based on the Hadoop platform
- Create re-usable mediation services and data structures to increase pricing flexibility in the next generation billing system
- Standardize inbound and outbound data interfaces to achieve seamless integration and loose coupling
- Implement Continuous Integration/Testing/Deployment practices and automation frameworks to increase productivity
- Drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels under limited direction, usually within a complex environment
- Collaborate across global businesses and technology organizations, providing sound business analysis, process, change leadership and service delivery
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements on standards, processes, application functionalities and operation excellence
- Work with architectural and security teams to design, build, and maintain services that are compliant and meet Visa security standards
About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
- 9 years of professional software development experience
- Hands on coding experience in MapReduce, Hive/Pig, and other Hadoop based technologies
- 6 years of experience in Java/JEE, with strong objected oriented programming skills
- Experience in large volume batch data processing architecture and techniques
- Experience in SQL, relational database design, JEE applications servers and database persistence frameworks
- Experience with Maven/Ant/Junit and test driven practices
- Experience with rules engine a plus
- Extensive experience with analytic techniques including process modeling, requirements elaboration, data modeling, use case and user interface prototyping.
- Technical competency in software development, QA management practices and project execution, and ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs
- Business knowledge in the areas of financial management including financial transactions, pricing and billing that hit the revenue systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a broad group of stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science and Engineering discipline
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.