GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Grid Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Software Product Business Analyst
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As a Staff Software Product Business Analyst, you will be a key member of the Product Development team working directly with Customers, Product Development & Project staff to discern market motivation, gain a deep understanding of customer business processes and consequently produce Product requirements. This position will act as a crucial bridge between general business requirements and the prioritized software requirements needed by the software development group.
The Analyst will participate in all aspects of the product development lifecycle, demonstrating detailed knowledge of functional requirements to fulfill the role of customer advocate to internal team-members.
* Working with cross-functional groups to capture, understand and manage requirements
* Eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints
* Meeting with users to map business processes, generate requirement documents and use cases, conducting impact and change control analysis as appropriate
* Decomposing high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those that base their work on the requirements
* Collaborate closely with User Experience (UX) team to ensure technical requirements, scenarios, business process maps and other artefacts align with UX designs
* Writing requirements specifications using natural language simply, clearly, concisely and unambiguously
* Developing functional specifications and review system design specifications to influence design decisions
* Defining external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements
* Providing input on project scheduling, prioritization and planning
* Assisting with definition and specification of test scenarios and conducting software testing
* Support the Product Development team through testing and demonstrating work in progress to key stakeholders, managing and prioritizing any feedback
* Managing changes to baseline requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools
* Support the Product Manager in developing the product roadmap of future features and enhancements and driving improvements to the product architecture and design
* Support the business to provide subject matter expertise on key customer bids, projects, and issue resolutions
* Drives process definitions and improvements for the business analyst role as well as for agile development in general
* Bachelor's degree or higher in a Business process or Software Systems design field or Computer Science or related area.
* Minimum three years' experience demonstrable experience and skills in solution analysis and process definition in the areas of; gathering requirements, requirements facilitation, requirements traceability, use case specification and requirement specification.
* Minimum three years' demonstrable experience with Electrical Distribution Systems or Energy Market Management Systems.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%, to national and international locations.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Demonstrable experience of the Software development lifecycle, analysis methodologies, business process techniques with presentational skills
* Time management, people management and team collaboration skills
* Results-oriented and customer-focused
* Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously, including resolving conflicts with competing priorities and tasks
* Commercially aware, with a strong functional knowledge of key business activities of distribution utilities operators. Preferably this should be accompanied by an understanding of program/project management involving integration of systems and business processes
* Understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification and management practices with the ability to apply them in practice
* Strong problem solving abilities
* Experience working with Agile software development methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, XP)
* Able to work under minimal supervision
* High energy, results driven person with strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
* Able to energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people, encouraging input from all members of the team
* Builds loyalty and commitment
* Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.