GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Software Quality Test Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
GE Healthcare is looking for an experienced Staff Software Quality Test Engineer to work on a number of exciting projects within our cloud analytics team.
Responsible for testing and automating features. Responsible for quality checks of the software delivered by the team. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management; increasing the ability to work independently.
* Break down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks
* Demonstrate increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas
* Apply various testing types and methodologies effectively during SDLC
* Take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
* Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
* Work independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
* Write effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored
* Begin to collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
* Collaborate with Quality Leaders in creating test plans
* Implement and configures testing tools and at times help junior staff
* Implement system-level integration testing
* Be skilled in core data structures and algorithms
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in the industry with test automation.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in downtown San Ramon
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience with public cloud infrastructures such and Amazon or Azure
* Experience with full stack testing
* Experience with java script, Java, Junit, Selenium, css, and html
* Writing test plans
* Good documentation skills
* Experience with Analytics, machine learning, or Business intelligence
* Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
* Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
* Has the ability to take ownership and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
* Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence others
* Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
* Demonstrate the ability to help team members
* Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
* Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.