Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a full stack staff software engineer, you will join a team which works together to build a wide variety of web experience that power, extend and showcase Visa's internal Cloud platform such as requesting and managing environments using either VM's, containers or bare metals, workflow automation tools, graphs and visualizations for relationships/utilization and a whole lot more. On this team, you'll create efficient and reusable systems with extensive test coverage and modern technologies . You'll also work in a rapidly iterative environment where we prototype new user interfaces and ship new code frequently. Ultimately, as an engineering leader, you'll have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product and technological decisions.
- Build best in class intuitive experience for Visa internal teams for PaaS and Continous Integration/Delivery
- Collaborate with peer groups for architecture and delivery discussions/decisions
- Tackle tough design and product problems
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
- Lead by example as a hands-on developer, contributing high quality, production ready code and providing detailed feedback in design and code reviews.
- Analyze, design and develop test cases and implement automated functional and system test suites
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer with degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field, Master's degree preferred
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming concepts.
- Experience of building web applications using Java preferrably using Spring framework
- Knowledge of modern web technologies and web application architecture.
- Self-motivator who can work independently, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience of building software/frameworks for infrastructure automation/PaaS/Continous Delivery
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.