Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft - our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible," we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
UTC Aerospace Systems, Sensors and Integrated Systems, a leader in the design and manufacturing of sensors and precision instrumentation for commercial, military, and business and regional jet aircraft worldwide has an immediate opening for a Staff Systems Engineer. As a Staff Systems Engineer you will be working in a focused, cross-functional team of engineers designing and developing aviation products. The candidate should have skills and experience in the major disciplines of systems engineering: modeling and simulation, systems architecture development, requirements development/management, and verification and validation including:
- Interact with internal and external customers.
- Establishing and adhering to schedules for system engineering activities.
- Providing system-level engineering expertise to a cross-functional engineering team including management of system-level requirements and supporting allocation of requirements to lower level functions.
- Participation in architecture trade studies, modeling/analysis/simulation, component failure mode and effects analysis and safety analysis.
- Participate in the new product design cycle with engineering teams including design reviews.
- Supporting compliance to SAE ARP4754, or other guidelines, for development of aircraft systems as required.
7+ years of progressively responsible experience in a systems design environment.
- The candidate requires excellent communication skills with the ability to facilitate teamwork across functions.
- Strong experience in design practices with consideration for system level performance and aerospace certification requirements including SAE ARP4754, RTCA/DO-178, RTCA/DO-254, and RTCA/DO-160 preferred.
- Experience with DOORS, Rationale Publishing Engine, and Matlab preferred
BS in Engineering. Advanced degrees or degrees in more than one discipline are a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.