Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.Position Summary
The global systems engineering group is responsible for engineering and support of the IT infrastructure for Visa Inc. and VisaNet. This includes planning, design, evaluation, installation, deployment, and maintenance of the IT infrastructure for the data centers and office facilities.Job Scope
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the evaluation, architecture, conduct proof of concepts, design and implementation of server infrastructure based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models
- Ability to operate in complex, highly-secure, and highly-available, operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments
- Function as the compute lead on key infrastructure projects and initiatives
- Write technical design and build documentation for compute infrastructure
- Develop ITIL procedures, technology strategy, engineering standards, methodologies, task-plans and best practices for Distributed Compute Engineering
- Work with other Engineering Disciplines to develop Infrastructure Building Blocks based Reference Architectures and standards that can be offered as services to our customers
- Responsible for mentoring junior team members
- In-depth hands-on experience with the following Operating Systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6 and 7 and Ubuntu
- AIX 6.1 and above
- In-depth experience with enterprise class virtualization technologies VMware, Linux KVM and IBM Power Virtualization.
- Expert knowledge and hands-on with Linux container technology, SELinux and Docker.
- Strong Hardware and OS deployment experience in the following server product lines:
- HP ProLiant
- IBM Power System
- Strong scripting skills in UNIX environments. In-depth experience in deployment and workflow automation. Experience in automation and workflow tools such as Chef and BladeLogic tool
- Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills, and possess an ability to explain technical concepts and provide guidance to junior staff
- Strong expertise and experience in system monitoring techniques and tools supporting unattended operations
- Expert knowledge in server end SAN/NAS configuration and troubleshooting
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and solve storage stack issues (Hosts, SAN switches and Storage Devices)
- Expert knowledge in TCPIP networking link aggregation/redundancy, switches, routing and load-balancing
- Ability to write technical design and build documentations for all aspects of a technical infrastructure
- Strong ability to integrate content from other domain areas and construct final technical design documents
- Strong ability to provide level 3 support and guide level 2 administrators on problem resolution. Exhibit understanding and perform operational acceptance/turnover activities.
- Must be willing to go on 24x7 "On-call" support rotation
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science ore related technical field required, advanced degree preferred
- 10 years of relevant working experience in large enterprise operational environments required
- Broad knowledge in hardware, software, network and applications deployments thru automation
- Strong experience in an application hosting or data center environment
- Strong experience with maintaining highly available and highly secure systems
- Strong hands on technical engineering professional with business acumen
- Strong process orientation
- Solid understanding of software development and testing techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Strong experience in design as well implementation experience with custom and off-the-shelf application, and help coordinate activities of multiple technology domains in terms of design and deployment
- ITIL certification preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 10 years of relevant working experience in large enterprise operational environments.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.