UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
Our customers include original equipment manufacturers that build aircraft and helicopters, engine manufacturers, and airlines, as well as defense agencies and contractors. Our commitment is to help them develop and maintain safer, lighter, more reliable and more efficient aircraft and other platforms.
This is a position in the Material and Processes Lab at a major manufacturing company producing sophisticated electromechanical devices, i.e. gyroscopes. Hundreds of different materials and processes are required to produce gyroscopic devices. The position involves working in a wet lab, the operation of analytical test and measurement equipment including FTIR, XRF, SEM, tensile, compression, peel, hardness testing, viscosity, density and measurements of surface finish, roundness, linearity and magnetic testing.
Duties include the testing of incoming materials, confirmation of chemical and physical properties, and dimensional measurements and filing written reports. In addition the position involves the forensic analysis of materials and processes to determine root cause and corrective actions involving materials of construction and process variables.
The ability to complete complex assignments with minimal supervision is needed. Qualification:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Materials Science or related field
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously. .
- Determine correct testing and techniques to best meet requirements. Perform required tests and assure that all tests and calibrations are performed to applicable standards.
- Act as a technical focal point and represent M&P on issues with other groups.
- Review specifications and requirements. Make thoughtful decisions to best meet requirements imposed.
- Use computer equipment and learn new programs to best facilitate data input, review, reporting, and storage.
- Maintain active dialogue with other groups, such as Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Production and Suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision to meet business needs.
AA/AS degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high
school training (two years duration) with minimum of 6 years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.