GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Technical Architect - Rapid Engagements
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
San Ramon, Longmont, Houston
GE Oil & Gas Digital is seeking a Staff, Technical Architect - Rapid Engagements focused on the oil and gas segment to help provide thought leadership and technical excellence for oil and gas engagement teams, who will be focused on building out its Asset Performance Management (APM) Predix-enabled solutions to the world's oil and gas customers.
If you are the type of person who wakes up and thinks "how can I help my customers succeed, while bringing my deep and extensive software expertise to the table to guide them?" then this role is for you. You will be the person who is called upon to support your team to provide technical guidance and direction for the customer they are passionately engaging with.
They will enable the customer to understand a broader integrated solution for their assets, processes & facilities, and will demonstrate experience and understanding of the software development lifecycle, and how GE solutions can fit into the customers' current enterprise architecture.
In addition, you will work with your team members to identify successful outcomes that align to industry standards, and drive towards repeat account engagement.
As a member of a rapid engagement team, the Staff employee will be part of the team that quickly stands up and execute rapid prototyping and proof of concepts with customer they are passionately engaging with. The Staff employee will work with appropriate business architects, technical architects and segment engagement leaders, and regional engagement teams to ensure they execute efficiently and effectively. They will enable the customer to see rapid results and deliver the "wow factor" in the execution, solutioning, and visualization for prototyping and proof of concept efforts.
An out of the box and highly creative team member, the Senior Staff employee will work to push the boundaries of product roadmaps, analytics use cases, and visual designs.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Rapid Engagements, and work through the delivery of insights, data-driven solutions, and custom projects that will drive our product roadmaps. You will be on the team that is the trusted guide for our customers who are adopting oil and gas' Predix-enabled APM solutions, leading them on the journey from prototyping, proof of concepts, and pilots, to onboarding and advanced usage and advocacy. You will need to become an oil and gas Predix-enabled APM expert, so you can speak, and teach, intelligently on the value and usage of each part of the solution.
In this role, you will:
* Be on the team that is the primary owner of rapid execution for customer discovery, engagement sessions, prototyping and early stages of a proof of concept customer engagement
* Have a design thinking mindset, so that you can understand the problem effectively, map the user journey and workflows, and guide the team to develop user stories to efficiently drive an engagement.
* Identify missing technologies or ecosystem partners to further advance the overall segment roadmap.
* Draft and report on your customer success plan for engagement activities and illustrate the path to success through scorecards.
* Advocate internally and lead initiatives that will deliver additional value for our customers.
* Work in a cross-functional environment and collaborate to incorporate regional, business architecture, and technical architecture into the overall solution team.
* Understand and help engage in front end development, data science, user experience, and user interface activities.
* You will work with back end developers where appropriate to build out robust proof of concept solutions.
* Four-year degree in computer science, computer engineering, or software engineering.
* 3+ years of software development experience with multi-tenant enterprise SaaS applications built on Java, SQL, and big data technologies (preferably with strong data visualization and analytics products)
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel +50%
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA, Longmont, CO or Houston, TX.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* A true passion for customers and Customer Success with the ability to build and sustain strong relationships with clients, including a quick and keen ability to understand at a deep and fundamental level the true problem that the customer stakeholder landscape is aiming to solve, and guide them to problem definition before solutioning.
* Experience with front end development and user-led design activities.
and knowledge of data warehousing, ETL, and data modeling with any of
the following: Oracle, MySQL, DB2, or MS SQL Server
* Experience and knowledge of field level architecture, DCS, Process Control Networks, localized business networks at field level
* Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
* Able to effectively present and influence IT professionals with strong opinions
* Working knowledge of Amazon EC2, Cloud Foundry, Microsoft Azure
with business intelligence tools such Confluence, Rally, Tableau,
Jasper reports, SAP Business Objects, or Microstrategy will be a big
* Ability to work with globally distributed and multi-cultural teams
* Support on the early engagement process on architectural and security discussions with customers.
* Strong cross-functional leadership skills to advocate and champion activities and initiatives on behalf of customers, and willingness to travel and spend time on customer sites.
* Ability to identify value-based solutions with the customer, and handles account issues at the highest of professional standards, and can juggle multiple requests from customers - from deep technical discussions on the Predix Platform, to aligning APM functionality and new opportunities for development to customer use cases, to digging in to a process flow diagram or customer engineering data and understanding their outcomes.
* Creative and curious learner who listens to customers, and is eager to understand their overall internal journey and strategies, and how GE can support and enhance their strategies.
* Strong willingness to learn core GE technologies and teach customers.
* Previous consulting experience at a highly regarded firm is desired.
* Experience with project management processes (PMBOK processes) is a plus.
* Experience with agile development (proof of concept, pilots, production) and rapid prototyping is a plus.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.