GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Staff Technical Product Manager - Application Services & Security works to bridge technology, customer needs, sales channels, and customer success. This individual will act as a central resource and driving force for the product management processes, product lifecycle management, and marketing of a suite of Application Services & Security products as they move from conception to distribution, delivering world class offerings that support the growth of GE businesses globally.
The Staff Technical Product Manager - Application Services & Security role will be responsible for:
• Analyzing, developing, grooming, prioritizing, and delivering the product portfolio for a suite of products and services in Application Services & Security Solutions
• Helping to define the product roadmap to maximize customer adoption and customer value in an Agile fashion
• Partnering with the Customer Engagement team to gather customer feedback and assist with the management of overall product health, viability, and adoption
• Work closely with the Engineering team(s) to make sure that the roadmap items are broken down into user stories, review them with the team, help estimating them, and make sure that the final product being delivered matches the initial product definition
• Contributing to New Product Introduction (NPI) and Product Enhancement (PE), and all associated functions, including business case validation, positioning, and the development of the strategy for the cost structure of products, service packages, and offerings for a group of CoreTech Application Services & Security products and services
• Supporting the development of the strategy for the cost structure of a group of products, service packages, and offerings
• Partnering with other product management teams to define a consistent, integrated, holistic product management approach for all products and services
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Product Management/Marketing, Information Management, Finance, or other technical / IT field, OR in lieu of a degree: a HS diploma/GED and 4+ years of IT experience or equivalent military experience/training
• Must be willing to travel 10-15% of the time
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Preferred locations: GE GO CoreTech Solutions in Atlanta, GA. Open to GO CoreTech Solutions locations globally, but MUST work out of a GO CoreTech Solutions location
• Minimum of 3 years of Product Management experience in the software domain working in an agile framework with clearly demonstrated understanding of how product ideas turn into deployed software quickly
• Excellent communication, negotiating, and influencing skills at all levels of the organization, as well as with external organizations
• Demonstrated customer focus
- evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills
- communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Change oriented
- actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
• Strong team player
- collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis
• Strong business acumen; experience managing financials, budget, operating plans
• Working experience in business intelligence and data analytics
• A proven track record of successfully delivering products to the market
• DTLP / AIMC Graduate (GE Internal Candidates Only)
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification (GE Internal Candidates Only
Locations: United States; Georgia; Atlanta
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.