Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Staff Technical Project Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
To manage all on-going programs designed to deliver Technical Training across the NOLA center. Deploy and develop training, education, and orientation programs to enable new technical hires to gain proficiency in technical job skills. Drive development programs which draw early technical talent from non-tradition areas and sources.
* Take the lead role on developing programs with local universities to draw talent to GE Digital.
* Coordinate all contact with the external and internal stakeholders to develop and deploy programs designed to attract entry level talent to GE Digital.
* Managing the cost, technical delivery and quality support for technical training to assure skill readiness for existing experienced workforce in the technology center.
* Ability to assess needs across NOLA hub to determine desired training curriculum supporting new skills, etc.
* Ensuring that all relevant requirements and operating guidelines are created for the program to succeed.
* Negotiate with GE businesses the pipeline of projects and rotations where early talent resources can be utilized.
* Carrying out training reviews to determine success, training adoption and overall hub ability to execute key technical skills.
* This leader will be required to manage multiple events, programs and facilities to achieve desired training outcomes.
* 5+ years of proven experience in Project Management and 5+ years of Software Development with Java toolsets and open source utilities.
* 3+ years of IT Experience in managing or operating with agile frameworks.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other IT Disciplines.
* Experienced in dealing with multiple stakeholders and ability to align requirements to create a technical career path early skill employees
* Must have a successful track record in managing multiple priorities ensuring successful delivery of core projects.
* Able to interface with our internal functions to create a successful program supported by all necessary standards.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Master's Degree in Information Sciences
* Working knowledge of University environments and expertise in curriculum development.
* Professional Status and / or a formal qualification in a body related to Project Management.
* Prior experience in leading Training Programs for IT Skills in Software
* Comfortable maintaining and monitoring the activities of others and working on a range of internal projects.
* Basic awareness of purchasing and sourcing requirements and risks.
* Able to critique a project from a financial view and carry out a thorough review demonstrating both cost awareness and cost control throughout any decision-making process.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.