Visa UX is looking for a Sr. UI Engineer to join our team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products. All of our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every UX decision an informed one. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration and look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing individual strengths, and values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project. If you understand "Yes, and" over "No" this is the team for you.Job Description
In this role you will work closely with UX designers, software engineers and product owners to build pixel perfect layouts and user interface components for a variety of websites and applications. You will work on a very agile team and be expected to context shift quickly between projects.
- Analyze existing software for Usability and Accessibility issues and provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Keep up to date on the latest trends in web engineering and introduces them into projects when appropriate
- Responsible for managing tasks that may involve multiple UX staff
- Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices and Accessibility for web
- Fielding inquiries and requests for support from stakeholders
- Bachelor degree in CS, MIS, UX or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience required
- Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts and UI components using Angular or React (required)
- Experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST services (Required)
- Experience with one server-side web application framework and language like Ruby/Rails, C#/ASP.Net, PHP/Laravel, JS/NodeJS, etc. (Required)
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes (Required)
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time (Required)
- Web Standards and Accessibility Best Practices (Required)
- Ability to analyze written requirements and visually conceptualize the user interface and application flows (Required)
- Knowledge of Adobe products (Required)
- Responsive Design Principles (Required)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.