GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
At GE Oil & Gas Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Manager - Program Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Staff Vendor Manager will lead in regards to the procurement and sourcing needs of the Customer Success organization. In this role, s/he will manage the relationship between current and potential vendors. S/he will also ensure compliance of all executed vendor contracts, while keeping GE's best interest in mind. Also, working with the Director or Program Management & Initiatives Manager, s/he will establish and support the implementation of related processes & procedures.
* Adopt and implement the required GE Oil & Gas business practices regarding procurement, sourcing & vendor management
* Work with other similar functions within GE Oil & Gas Digital to develop best practices, policies, and implementation strategies
* Act as liaison for Customer Success organization to other GE Oil & Gas Procurement & Sourcing groups
* Implement processes and policies and ensure compliance with GE's standard policies
* Periodically assess relationships and contacts with global vendors to ensure GE compliance
* Evaluate new and potential vendors on behalf of the organization
* Own the relationship & negotiations with contactor service companies for the development of SOW
* Analyze & report rates across global vendors to ensure lowest cost and highest quality
* Own and maintain the change management of ongoing contracts
* Manage the requests for new suppliers from the project and engineering groups
* Support the project managers with delivery and acceptance of goods and services from vendors
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in vendor management, supply chain, procurement, or sourcing
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Must be willing to travel roughly 20-40% of the time
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA / Longmont, CO / New Orleans, LA / Houston, TX
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Ability to influence others & lead initiatives
* Ability to manage several accounts simultaneously
* Ability to coordinate & lead in a matrix organization
* Familiarity with budgets & accounting
* Committed to maintaining the highest standards of quality for GE
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.