Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic individual, with demonstrated analytical and technical skills to be part of our fast-paced team. In this role you will help to ensure MetLife has the right people in the right job at the right time through our strategic partnerships, best-in-class approaches, methodologies, and processes. This role requires an emphasis on data integrity and analysis to support key Talent Acquisition initiatives.
- Manage key Global Talent Acquisition administrative tasks including invoice validation, cancelations, process exceptions, assessment usage, interview portal updates, etc. Insure monthly invoices are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Act as the primary liaison with Accounts Payable and track all ARIBA processing and payments.
- Complete routine and spot audits of RPO activities to ensure compliance and adherence to recruitment policies and procedures.
- Provide recruitment information that is requested by the organization.
- Assist in answering candidate and employee inquiries regarding recruitment processes Test system changes/updates within the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Collaborate and work effectively with the broader Talent Acquisition Center of Excellence (COE), Executive Recruiters, RPO partners, HR colleagues and Lines of Business or Global Functions.
- Build strong relationships with diversity recruiting partners to promote and extend reach of MetLife brand, drive candidate activity, track performance metrics and encourage business support/consumption of MetLife’s diversity partnerships.
- Coordinate the logistics for recruiting events including; attendees, collateral, booth setup, and other related items.
- Manage the on-boarding and off-boarding and related equipment needs of RPO employees.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Demonstrated passion and skill for continuous improvement and simplification of routine deliverables.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Four year college degree is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of recruitment process and operations best practices.
- Familiarity with applicant tracking and other related recruitment systems.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time efficiently in order to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated to learn and assist team members.
- Strong client focus with the ability to prioritize competing projects.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 58065