Staffing - Technician II
Location: Kennebunkport, Maine
Posted: November 25, 2016
Reference ID: 1426350179
Supports new product and process development engineering. Performs a variety of technical duties and activities including experimental procedures, collection of data from processes, data analysis and graphical analysis. Supports design, fabrication and build of equipment and tooling for new products. Carries out metrology efforts in support of product and process development. Coordinates project tasks with production and manufacturing personnel. Uses judgment, experience and initiative to resolve problems and make recommendations.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Takes responsibility for working in a safe manner and creation of a safe work environment.
• Supports design, fabrication and build of new product equipment and tooling.
• Participates on new product and/or process development teams.
• Work with and provide support for the development of new products and processes for polymer molding and assembly, and to demonstrate process feasibility and reproducibility.
• Develop resolution to technical problems and execute solutions within developed timelines.
• Documents procedures and results (experiment plan, results, data analysis, lab documentation).
• Supports prototyping and sample making
• Sample testing or characterization: set-up and operation of various metrology methods
• Participate in equipment and tooling design reviews
• Provides input on experimental plans.
• Provides inputs on feasibility of producing new products and processes.
• Interface with outside vendors that provide materials or services for assigned projects.
• Take responsibility for own personal and professional growth.
• Actively participate in internal departmental activities.
• Document novel solutions which may be patentable.
• May be asked to write process, product or equipment documentation.
• Other duties as assigned
• Less than 15%
Associates degree in a technical discipline with 2 years relevant work experience is desired
HS Diploma with 3-5 years relevant work experience is also accepted
• Mechanically inclined
• Machining skills such as vertical milling machine and lathe
• Experience with machine control systems
• Metrology skills
• Injection Molding skills
• Other Plastic processing or assembly skills
• Disciplined Troubleshooting
• Keeps laboratory equipment in running order
• Familiar with and values statistical tools and methods
• Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Detail oriented
• Working knowledge of CAD (SolidWorks)
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Willing to learn
• Good communication skills
Manager Must Haves
• Ability to work independently.
• Willing to learn
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Active listener