Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Position Summary:
The concessions stand worker is responsible for multiple functions in the concessions stands. The concessions stand worker may be assigned to different duties each event including but not limited to, cashiering, running food and beverage, and prepping/cooking food. Duties and Responsibilities
- When cashiering, verifying and signing for opening bank total; must always had form of ID for bank pick up
- Check patron's identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Must uphold safe drinking guidelines and policies taught in Techniques for Effective Alcohol Management (TEAM) training
- Accurately receive all cash in respective stand for all cash sales during an event.
- Always use suggestive selling/upselling.
- Inform Level Leader and/or Stand Manager or any credits or over rings.
- Repeat the customers' order back to them and state the total amount of their sale.
- All large bills, $50.00 and $100.00 should be placed under the change drawer.
- The register must be closed after every transaction.
- Never make change from your pocket or personal money and never place company money in your pockets or on your person.
- Never give credit, always collect the full amount due at the time of purchase.
- All food/beverage items prepared and served must be paid for at full retail price by the customer. Any food products passed over the counter must be accounted for either on the cash register or on the credit sheet. Employee's/Volunteers may not eat, take home items or give items away that have not been purchased including spoilage.
- Check currency quality, improper texture of paper bills, unclear printing and bills without blue or red fibers
- Employees are not permitted to make change for anyone without a purchase; once starting a sale finish the transaction
- At the end of the event, the money room will either pick-up the cash or you will need to return it to the money room. Count your cash, fill out the cash sheet, sign and place everything in the bag and seal. Aramark reserves the right to hold employees until the ending money drop can be verified.
- Any cash discrepancies must be accounted for on the cash sheet (over rings, gratis). Any unaccounted discrepancies will be cause for disciplinary action up to and including termination
- Follow all HACCP procedures including maintaining food and beverage temperatures, rotation of product, and cleanliness and sanitation of assigned area
- Prepare concessions stand and condiment carts for an event by stocking product and preparation of food items
- Prepare food according to the cooking projections and recipes
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned areas at all times
- Break down of assigned areas including cleaning equipment and proper storage of food and beverage products
- Assist with counting beginning inventory levels prior to the event and ending inventory levels before leaving
- Opening and closing duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Must maintain a pleasant attitude towards customers, co-workers, and management; must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must be checked out by a Stand Manager, Concessions Supervisor/Manager before clocking out.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by management or their Level Leader/Stand manager.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- TIPS certification in order to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and stressful situations simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of customers and employees.
- Prior experience in similar facility or operation a plus.io
- Strong organizational and communication skills
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.