Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease, and improve the quality of life of patients and their loved ones.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position will require a strong subject matter expert and some technical leadership for all Standard Compute services, which includes Laptop and Desktop hardware management, Operating System (Windows, Mac OS and Linux), patch management and browser support. This position will include all strategy, engineering, deployment, and operational functions for Standard Compute. The role will require being a member of a team that will function in a flow-based, dev ops model, where the goal is to continuously improve the services in order to increase business value. The current Standard Compute environment includes standard J&J Desktops that are deployed in regulated environments for Lab, Manufacturing and Warehouse support.
This is an enterprise role, supporting over ~150,000 physical compute devices deployed and under J&J management.
Approximate Percentage of Time - Tasks/Duties/Responsibilitie
- 30% - Execution of the Reliability Process for all Standard Compute Services including:
- Operational and Standard Compute performance
- Significant trends and recommended actions
- High priority problems and associated action plans
- Potential risk of the overall environment
- Future recommendations for tool, operational, and process improvements
- 30% - Develop timely, cost effective and integrated Standard Compute solutions for J&J that:
- Deploy enterprise solutions
- Research and leverage cutting edge Standard Compute technologies
- Improve and optimized delivery performance
- Enhance security compliance
- Enhance operational reliability and flexibility
- Reduce Costs
- Align to long-term strategic goals
- 25% - Manage vendor, budget and processes for PC Lifecycle Management
- 10% - Coordinate and execute all Technology Lifecycle Management activities for Standard Compute Services
- 5% - Continually look for ways to improve and then implement these improvements all Standard Compute Services
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The successful candidate for this position will have the following experience and expertise:
- Very strong technical knowledge and experience of enterprise level infrastructure operations, with a focus on Laptop and Desktop hardware management, Operating System (Windows, Mac OS and Linux), patch management and browser support
- Deep technical knowledge and experience of enterprise level infrastructure engineering and deployment, with a focus on Laptop and Desktop hardware management, Operating System (Windows, Mac OS and Linux), patch management and browser support
- Experience with leading and executing on large enterprise development projects
- Ability to consistently apply broad knowledge of system engineering to diagnose and resolve complex infrastructure problems.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
The successful candidate for this position will probably have the following experience and expertise:
- B.S. Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expertise at least one of the following technical areas: Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS, Linux, Internet Explorer, Chrome and computer hardware (laptop and desktop).
- Expertise in developing, and deploying enterprise end user solutions with a proven track record of success operating in a complex, ambiguous environment; preferably in global health care organization
- Ability to lead and manage self-directed work teams.
- Proven experience delivering large projects in a global context.
- Strong team player with people development and collaboration skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with ability to influence without authority.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multi-cultured teams with an awareness of differences.
- Training in how to use Dev/Ops for IT functions
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.