Will consider applicants located in Plano, TX or Chicago, IL.
The Standards Exception Associate Specialist is an additional role within the Information Security Group and PepsiCo. The Standards Exception team reviews, facilitates, and follows up on Standards Exceptions to ensure non-compliance is properly documented within the organization. In addition, the team is responsible for aggregating the requests to help show overall risk. This role will work directly with the Exceptions Specialist. Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Facilitate Standards Exceptions for Information Security Standards
- Expert in PepsiCo Information Security Policies and Standards and understanding of any global deviations to the standards
- Review exceptions requests and work with requestor on required updates.
- Gain alignment with all teams required to determine risk and overall impact to the organization
- Determine risk level of each exception by discussing inability to comply, risk introduced, alternative controls to be put in place and remediation plans
- Provide recommendation and explain exception and risk to leadership for final review and approval.
- Follow up on expiring exceptions to ensure Risk has been remediated or new request is submitted.
- Feedback and Refinement of Security Standards:
- Identify and recommend Security Standards that need to be altered or documented.
- Develop/Maintain metrics on exceptions to allow aggregated risk to be measured.
- Identify exception patterns by analyzing historical exceptions and recommend adjustments to standards as needed to create efficiencies within process
- Ability to influence and inform requestors and risk acceptors (up to the VP level) on the impact of the exception request to the organizational security posture.
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or other STEM equivalent required.
- Experience working in a global environment Organized and detail oriented. (minimum 5 years)
- Project Management or Project Coordinator background is a plus.
- Self-starter who demonstrates leadership skills and takes initiative
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work across multiple organizations, sectors and teams
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively with direct managers, staff and vendors in both technical and business roles.
- Able to defuse situations and collaborate with diverse personalities to achieve objectives.
- Able to influence parties as needed to ensure the correct decisions are made to protect PepsiCo
- Working proficiency in an additional language a plus.
Willing/"can do" attitude Relocation Eligible
Not Eligible for Relocation