Please note that we post this position to develop a talent pipeline ahead of immediate demand and in anticipation of future vacancies .
The Consumer Markets AD Product Manager has profit and loss responsibility for our auto and homeowners insurance products in an assigned geography. Their ideas, insights, and ability to execute their vision and foster change directly impact our business and our shareholders. In addition to developing and articulating the 24-36 month strategy for their market, the Product Manager is intimately involved in setting prices, designing product features, and broadly articulating the type of business that will remain profitable in their markets. By applying their critical thinking skills, communication abilities, and creativity to dynamic challenges, the Product Manager serves as the general manager of a business within the organizational structure of a Fortune 100 company. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ultimately accountable for achieving / exceeding revenue and income targets in assigned markets
- Develop strategic vision and tactical plan that will profitably expand market share within assigned geography
- Address the day-to-day needs of numerous functional area partners who are supporting assigned geography
- Remain grounded in geography-specific data so that shifts in competitiveness and profitability are well anticipated
- Work directly with organizational teammates when developing, customizing, and launching new products
- Go beyond immediate state responsibilities to drive best practices and innovation across organization
- Bachelor's Degree in a rigorous course of study - preference given to quantitative disciplines.
- Masters in a quantitative field and/or MBA preferred
- Ideal candidate will possess product management experience with a minimum of five years combined experience in Personal Lines product, pricing, research and/or underwriting
- Strong technical / analytical skills using SAS and advanced Excel
- Previous predictive analytics experience is preferred
- Solutions-oriented individual, with ability to think strategically and implement change.
- Ability to plan for the long-term while balancing the short-term needs of the organization.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills, with thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, documentation, and problem solving skills.
- Drive-for-results mentality, with ability to multi-task and make decisions in a business context.
- An independent thinker as well as a challenger/advocate to ensure the soundness of product.
- Ability to develop immediate credibility in unfamiliar environments; including agency partners, affinity prospects, regulators, senior leaders, and cross functional project teams.
- Negotiation skills to resolve differences while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Proven ability to cultivate an active network of external relationships in order to meet business and strategic goals.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Ability to effectively and independently conduct complex data analysis.
- Proven skills of developing and evaluating loss cost models in an effort to construct innovative and successful risk pricing strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state laws in order to make decisions regarding key issues and to identify opportunities to affect legislative change.
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression