*Associate Systems Engineer I-GSAP
Location: New York, New York
Posted: October 19, 2017
Reference ID: R14595
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
RSA Associate Systems Engineer - New York, NY
Since its founding in 1982, RSA has a history of being the leader in new, market defining categories. 35 years later, RSA continues to innovate ( https://www.rsa.com/en-us/research-and-thought-leadership/rsa-labs ) and lead ( https://www.rsa.com/en-us/blog ) the security market!
About our teams
At RSA, our people make all the difference: We are not just another security company, we are a success driven team with a management team focused on your growth and development and it shows in employee tenure. The average RSA Pre-Sales Systems Engineer stays with RSA for at least five years. We consistently provide all team members with an honest and open path to career growth and development.
About Your Role
As an Associate Systems Engineer (ASE I), you will participate in the Global Services Associate Program (GSAP) to acquire the required skills and knowledge to perform and excel core job responsibilities. You will be provided with the necessary training and mentoring to set a firm foundation for your entry into a career in RSA's Presales organization. This intensive role-based training includes an introduction to the security industry, best practices and methodologies and the RSA way of doing business. After the training, you will quickly engage in field based customer facing activity by assisting more senior systems engineers in the analysis and design of technology solutions and provide technical expertise in support of Presales activities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the NetWitness sales team in the North East Region
- Deliver technical presentations and pre-sales support to customers
- Deliver live product demonstrations and white board presentations to customers
- Educate customers and colleges on technical capabilities/features of the platform
- Provide support to trade shows and exhibitions within the region
- Assist in the development of responses to RFP's, RFI's, RFQ's and proposals
- Located in NYC or New Jersey w/ ability to commute to office in NYC at least four days a week
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline
- 2+ years of IT experience such as Network Administrator, Help Desk or Technical support and/or 1-2 years of Presales experience
- Working knowledge of enterprise networks & enterprise security controls
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP
- Ability to lift and rack appliances for testing and POCs
- Able to support 30% business travel
- SIEM experience
- IT implementation experience
- Experience with network forensics
- Experience with malware forensics
Benefits & Perks
RSA, a division of Dell/EMC, receives all the benefits of having a large parent organization while maintaining a separate identity and culture. Available benefits can be found at www.mywellatdell.com.
While we support and encourage career growth and even movement to new and different roles in RSA; being part of a larger parent organization like Dell/EMC allows for career growth within the Dell/EMC family of companies such as VMWare, Virtustream, Dell/EMC, Dell and more: http://www.delltechnologies.com/en-us/who-we-are
Job Family: Sales Engineering
Job ID: R14595