*Job Description: That's a cool job! I want that!
Are you passionate about customer success and big data? Are you a true hybrid professional with a strong technical background and customer acumen? As part of our high-caliber Customer Success Team, the Customer Success Manager will provide technical depth, industry expertise, and execution orientation to ensure customers achieve maximum value from their investment in Splunk. This customer-facing position also serves as a focal point between the customer and the Splunk ecosystem, working closely with teams across Splunk to streamline access to Product Management, Engineering, Professional Services, Education, and others. So if you're excited about representing Splunk in support of the customer mission and delighting our customers, join us!
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Develop and nurture relationships to support and guide customer resources that include Splunk Administrators, Architects, Knowledge Managers, Developers and Users for increasing Splunk adoption.
- Assist and provide expert best practices in adoption, expansion, growing use cases and in setting up a Splunk Center of Excellence.
- Assist with Splunk Apps and system upgrade planning & execution.
- Assist in workshops to help customers leverage the full value of Splunk solutions and lead periodic stakeholder meetings.
- Provide insights with respect to the availability and applicability of new products and features.
- Support Professional Services in identifying, scoping, and selling follow on and new service opportunities.
- Support Education Services in identifying and recommending staff training opportunities.
- Identify in collaboration with the Splunk Account team the key success criteria for Splunk deployment and drive customer success and satisfaction.
- Act as the Splunk liaison for Splunk technical questions, issues or escalations. This will include working with Splunk Support, Product Management (i.e. roadmaps), or others as needed.
- Work closely with the Splunk Account Team (Account Manager, Sales Engineer, Professional Services and Education) to identify opportunities for new usage of Splunk across organizational functions.
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the Splunk platform and future products.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 10+ years of experience in a related function is required with direct customer advocacy and consultative engagement experience in post-sales or professional services functions in enterprise environments.
- Active government security clearance required (Minimum Secret, but TS or above is preferred)
- Strong technical, analytic and problem solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Strong knowledge (recent experience) with the following technology: cyber security technologies, storage, servers, data centers, and cloud.
- Prior experience conducting workshops to customers and discussing pros cons of implementing various technologies and business value.
- Experience successfully managing customer engagements to completion with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
- Demonstrable success in thinking strategically and executing tactically, while providing consistent and high levels of customer satisfaction and retention in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across organizational boundaries and develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Estimated average 25% travel based on customer and business need (depending on location of customers and candidate there may be more or less travel).
Technical Skills Experience That Are 'Nice To Haves'
- Splunk product expertise highly desired (Core, Enterprise Security, IT Service Intelligence, Hunk, User Behavior Analytics) and certifications: Architect, Administrator, Power User, Knowledge Manager.
- Hands on technical experience within the cyber security domain, including engineering, integration, implementation and operations.
- Large scale implementation, IT Operations, analytics and big data experience.
- Virtualization and systems administration knowledge.
- Industry certifications (desired): GIAC, CEH, CISSP, CISM, CISA, PMP, ITIL
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.