- Use all manner of Metrology equipment to provide accurate dimensional inspections in support of engineering and manufacturing operations.
- Quantify and report inspection results to meet customer and internal requirements.
- Adherence to applicable quality standards, company policies and procedures, customer requirements, and safety initiatives is mandatory.
- Ability to interpret complex blueprints, instructions, and inspection requirements
- Utilize Analysis and 3D CAD software such as GOM, ATOS, UniGraphics, Geomagic, and Polyworks to interpret part geometry and complete Structured Light Measurement inspections and color maps
- Advanced math skills (especially algebra, trigonometry, and geometry)
- Use of basic and advanced metrology equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, especially Excel
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team-oriented attitude
- Safety Awareness
- Utilize Coordinate Measuring Machines, Blue Light scanners, and other equipment to dimensionally inspect castings, patterns, gauges, and fixtures in order to assess their conformance to established specifications.
- Communicate the results of the inspection and its analysis to product engineer.
- Provide programming, database setup, and technical support for engineering and manufacturing requirements.
- Use discretion to schedule work flow based on priority and efficiency.
- Perform routine production inspections as required.
- Cooperate with peers by participating in an active cross-training environment.
- Adhere to applicable quality standards, company policies and procedures, customer requirements, and safety initiatives
- Perform other duties as required
Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade certificate are an asset.
- Skills and Abilities :
- PC-DMIS or GOM experience preferred
- Working knowledge of CMMs and their applications, including programming.
- Practiced familiarity with Layout Inspection procedures and results.
- Ability to interpret complex blueprints, instructions, and inspection requirements.
- Higher math skills, especially algebra, trigonometry, and geometry.
- Independent, self-motivated worker able to concentrate on difficult tasks for long periods of time or be multi-tasking.
- Computer fluency, including Microsoft Office applications and AutoCAD / UG.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team-oriented attitude.
- Safety awareness
- Experience :
- Working knowledge of CMM / SLM preferred or comparable metrology experience
- Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is required to execute the following:
- Occasional bending, reaching, pushing and pulling when retrieving and moving various items
- Lifting intermittently of various items. Typically, assistance would be provided for weights exceeding 35 pounds
- Good manual dexterity to operate computer equipment and precision measuring instruments
- Position may require more than eight hours daily and more than five days weekly to complete work assignments
- Sitting in chairs (swivel, padded, and adjustable)
- Squatting / crouching when retrieving stored items from lower shelves and file cabinets, making equipment / product inspections, etc
- Standing intermittently
- Visual monitoring of computer screens
- Equipment Used :
- Coordinate Measuring Machines
- Blue Light scanners
- Optical Comparators
- Various hand tools
- Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are performed primarily in manufacturing areas where compliance with applicable safety rules is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be occasionally required to work near moving mechanical parts and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is non-hazardous.
- Contacts :
Internal: This position interfaces routinely with all HLC personnel
External: This position interfaces routinely with outsource equipment and software suppliers
- Supervision :
This position supervises no other.
- EHS Requirements
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
- Quality Statement
The products we manufacture are used in important industries - transporting goods and people; the defense of our country; critical energy infrastructure for hospitals and public safety. Livelihoods and lives depend upon the products we manufacture. What we do as an organization
is important and the first, and best, "line of defense" against non-conforming products escaping to our customers is you. A simple message: don't take it, don't make it, and don't pass it.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic's success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.Basic QualificationsJOB SPECIFICATIONS
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED equivalency is required.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which required a U.S. person status. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.Preferred Qualifications
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.