At Arconic, our goal is to be the best company in the world! Arconic is the world's leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina facilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry. Arconic serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Arconic’s businesses as a single solution to customers.
Since it opened in 1948, Arconic’s Davenport, Iowa aluminum facility has been at the forefront of American manufacturing. Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plant employs 2,200 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry, with 25 percent of revenues coming from exports.
Through continued modernization, including a $200 million investment over the past decade alone, Davenport has maintained its position as the world’s premier aerospace supply plant and is today the hub of Arconic’s $3 billion aerospace business. Under the direction of the Maintenance Technical Lead/General Supervisor, the Group Leader is responsible for providing coaching, support, leadership, and direction to hourly team members in order to meet maintenance and production goals.
1. The Group Leader recognizes that accident and injury prevention are equal in importance to production, quality, delivery, recovery and cost control. The Group Leader accepts the responsibility to work safely and promote safety consciousness among other employees.
2. Coaches the fundamentals of Reliability Excellence.
3. Follows leader standard work methodology.
4. The Group Leader will take a leadership role in teaching, promoting and practicing Arconic Business System (ABS) concepts and philosophies within his/her span of control and responsibility.
5. Provides support and direction for team conflict resolution activities.
6. Develops, improves, and implements a process that encourages cross shift communication.
7. Promotes awareness and ownership of maintenance improvements, objectives and goals.
8. Regularly shares business information with the team.
9. Reviews departmental metrics to ensure team is meeting objectives.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of maintenance business systems (i.e. shop floor, Oracle, I-Procurement, Easy Stores, triple I’s, change reviews, etc.)
11. Leads incident investigations. #LI-FS1
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.