Work as a team member to take a rough casting and condition it to the specifications that meet the customer's requirements by performing metal cleaning, finishing, and dimensional inspection and FPI inspection. Essential Functions:
- Must be able to read and interpret Product Criteria (PC) and Activity Instructions (AI).
- Set up of initial booths(s) for standardization and set up remaining booths to the model booth.
- Write/edit A.I.'s as required/needed for the department.
- Perform 5S for the department and own the auditing of 5S
- Operate hand grinding tools (both belt and stone).
- Operate metal cleaning equipment, water flow and sonic equipment.
- Adjust parts by use of presses, heat or other dimensional tooling.
- Operate hand sandblast and auto blast units.
- Prolonged gripping standing or sitting and pushing, pulling and lifting.
- Moderate length of concentration
- Must be able to function as a member of a team and be able to work under general supervision.
- Must be able to work and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Must be able to maintain expected quality levels.
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
To become cross trained in order to perform ALL or MOST OF the duties listed below. When necessary, individual may be required to move castings to designated area or perform other work-related duties as assigned:Metal Cleaner
- Sandblast part by the A.I./P.C.
- Fill and clean the blasting unit
- Inspect castings for possible scrap
- Maintain the correct pressure and speed of the blast cabinets by the AI's and PC's
- Operate glass bead/table clean unit
- Finish castings to PC using stones, burrs, belts, templates and gages
- Sandblast to surface finish
- Conduct visual operation and primary inspection of casting
- Input data in computer for collection
- Use boroscope for inspection and fiber light
- Perform decap/deburr operation
- Perform sonic operation
- Map weld areas
- Operate comco machine
- Operate water flow
*Employees are expected to work overtime as needed. Job Specifications Skills and Abilities:
- Use of calipers, micrometer, height gauges, shim stock, scissors, pin, go no/go, step gages, sonic equipment.
- Input data for record keeping
- Adjusting castings for PC compliance
- Working with engineering on deviant castings and reworking to engineers instructions
- Datum "C" drilling-Stators Cell Only-(considered add-a-skill op.)
- Fixture Gauging /Adjusting - (considered add-a-skill op.)
- Reroute nonconforming castings
Employee must be able to:
- Read parts to the .0001
- Understand gauging and templates
- Have finishing skills, (stones, burrs, belts, etc.)
- Work independent as well as with a team
- Able to read and follow written and verbal instruction
- Experience with the GE210 and PW451 is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is required to execute the following:
- Occasional bending, reaching, pushing and pulling when retrieving and moving various items
- Lifting approximately 30% of the time. Typically, assistance would be provided for weights exceeding 35 pounds.
- Good manual dexterity Position may require more than eight hours daily and more than five days weekly to complete work assignments
- Sitting in chairs (swivel, padded, and adjustable) for 70% of the workday
- Squatting / crouching when retrieving stored items from lower shelves and file cabinets, making equipment / product inspections, etc
- Standing intermittently
- Visual requirements for this position are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Clean work areas and maintain a clean work environment; perform 5S cleaning activities as required.
- Hand grinding tools
- Auto gauges
- Metal cleaning equipment
- Sonic Equipment
- Template Haze blast
- Glass bead
- Belt gun
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are performed in a manufacturing setting where compliance with applicable safety rules is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work near moving mechanical parts and exposed to fumes or airborne particles, rather confined space, and some degree of extreme heat during summer months. The noise level is moderate. EHS Requirements
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
Training for this position may be on a shift other than the shift listed above.
- The products we manufacture are used in important industries - transporting goods and people; the defense of our country; critical energy infrastructure for hospitals and public safety. Livelihoods and lives depend upon the products we manufacture. What we do as an organization is important and the first, and best, "line of defense" against non-conforming products escaping to our customers is you. A simple message: don't take it, don't make it, and don't pass it.
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic's success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.Basic Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required
WorkKeys testing is REQUIRED
to be considered for any hourly production position with Arconic La Porte. Candidates must achieve a Silver Certificate or higher to be considered. The tests can be scheduled and taken at any WorkOne location.
- Reading for Information - Score of 4 or higher
- Applied Mathematics - Score of 4 or higher
- Locating Information - Score of 4 or higher