This position is responsible to assist the Area Leader in direction of hourly employees working in the assigned area; ensuring a safe work environment, a paced flow of product through the area, and timely processing to specifications. Essential Functions Safety
- Promotes EHS values and leads by example
- Directs training and orientation of employees to ensure EHS rules are known and understood, to improve work performance, and acquaint employees with company policies and procedures.
- Insures compliance with company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Provides effective feedback to employees, both positive and negative and maintain appropriate documentation. Investigate cause and corrective actions required when a discrepant part or quality issue identified.
- Ensures the necessary training has been completed
- Leads ABS / continuous improvement initiatives and culture on a daily basis.
- Building an effective team; includes planning and holding meetings, assisting with career development, motivates, coaches, and trains to acquire maximum quality, productivity. Maintains a positive atmosphere and cooperation among the work group.
- Schedules production and work team.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operations, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Responds to emergencies. Assists in troubleshooting production problems. Investigates and analyzes. Initiates or recommends actions to correct deviations and variables affecting safety, costs, quality, and other factors.
- Participates in plant safety inspections and housekeeping audits.
- Complies with all EHS rules required for the work environment.
- Reviews work procedures for safety regulations and concerns
- Ensure Job task cards are current and legible
- Confirm quality via routine checks
- Work closely with area leader should disciplinary action be required.
- Training and cross-training
- Prepares and analyzes documentation as required (i.e. production flash reports, log sheets, safety, flow reports, production schedules etc).
- Develops and follows daily Leader standard work that adds value to the assigned area of responsibility. Recognize when problems exist and take immediate action to lead efforts to resolve
- Interacts with their employees and other departments in order to manage the flow of product through the operation.
- Maintain/verify inventories, as applicable.
- Requisitions tools and supplies required for operations.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Submit and track Maintenance work orders to support the smooth operation of the department.
- Respond to (and on) calls from team member (Help Chain)
- Resolve problems that can be fixed in the moment to preserve production/flow
- Ensure standard work is followed via audits
- Facilitate small group activities (like problem-solving)
- Verify work in front of each station/vault/booth is adequate
- Verify tooling and utilities for each work station/vault/booth
- Review previous shift's results with team members
- Discuss problems from previous shifts with team members
- Verify that problems are identified and recorded by the operator on the Daily Management Board
- Capture results from each Aussie board at the end of the shift and record on the summary sheet
- Participate on the weekly problem solving team meeting
- Communicate problems that needs support groups attention to your supervisor
- Perform direct labor if required
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Abilities :
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers or customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Minimum of two to four years of related work experience preferred.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to talk or hear; will frequently be required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms; and occasionally be required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell.
Visual requirements are close vision, distance vision and color vision.
Equipment Used :
- Computer, telephone, and standard office equipment.
- Basic department manufacturing tools and fixtures
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to frequently work near moving mechanical parts; and frequently be exposed to chemicals, exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and be exposed to extreme heat (non-weather) and loud noise.Training for this position may be on a shift other than the above.Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic's success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.Basic Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required
WorkKeys testing is REQUIRED
to be considered for any hourly production position with Arconic La Porte. Candidates must achieve a Silver Certificate or higher to be considered. The tests can be scheduled and taken at any WorkOne location.
- Reading for Information - Score of 4 or higher
- Applied Mathematics - Score of 4 or higher
- Locating Information - Score of 4 or higher