Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Who You Are Ready to start a new job in the New Year
? Those who know you describe you as independent. They say you are a go-getter and that you are always willing to lend a helping hand to others. Your co-workers go to you when they have questions or need assistance at work. You often win awards and recognition for your hard work. You are a professional driver with a CDL license, A or B. You have been in the driver profession for at least one year.
You have discovered that being a driver is a perfect fit for you however you have not found the right company to support your career aspirations. You want to be more than just a driver
and you enjoy the opportunity to cross train on multiple trucks. You have a steady work history that includes driving in positions where you had to physically load and unload freight or do more than just drive to drop off freight. Perhaps you have worked in the waste or environmental industries. Or perhaps you have driven dump trucks, concrete trucks or other trucks with manual transmissions in your past employment. You also have some customer service experience. You are looking for a new career opportunity that offers benefits, the ability to work locally so that you can spend more time with your family and better pay (weekly pay would be great!). You want to be more than just a driver, you want your next company to be your last company.
Apply or call Tina at 980-337-5327 with questions.
About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
What We Offer You (Benefits)
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! And we offer weekly paychecks!
Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site Who Are Waste Management Residential Drivers
Residential Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable material. This driver has a lot of physical work during the work day involving getting in and out of the truck regularly. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Ideal candidates have experience driving manual transmissions. This area covers the Hilton Head and surrounding communities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer's location clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: None Required.
- Experience: 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with an air-brake endorsement.
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."