Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
JOIN our team of talented, dynamic and passionate software application engineers, working with key architects, product managers, and other stakeholders delivering a new generation of on-demand Enterprise solutions designed to meet the needs of today's global businesses. The team's overall goal will be to accelerate the delivery of our product features in an agile environment while safeguarding the high quality our customers expects from Workday applications.
Workday is unique in that it builds enterprise software in the cloud on a single codeline through a continuous development model, leveraging on virtual IDE's in EC2, allowing for rapid delivery of our software to our customers.
Workday prides itself on both employee and customer satisfaction. Although both are mutually exclusive, they contribute largely to the Workday success story, winning employer of the year awards yearly and constantly hitting unprecedented high levels of customer satisfaction with Quality being the rock solid cornerstone of our business. As a Senior Software Application Engineer, you will contribute and safeguarding these satisfaction levels along with promoting the organization's goals while guiding and mentoring your teammates. You will have the opportunity to tackle complex problems, which comes with developing and delivering global mission critical enterprise software using your expertise in design, coding, algorithms and complexity analysis.Are you?
More About You...
- Passionate about developing high quality, object orientated enterprise solutions.
- Innovative & Analytical in your thinking.
- Detail oriented with a deep understanding of engineering best practices.
- A team player.
- A quick learner.
- An understanding of Agile methodologies.
- 8-10+ years experience with Web application development or SaaS (Software as a Service); UML is a plus.
- OO design and development experience in an object oriented language such as Java, C#, etc...
- Experience designing/developing business applications (knowledge of HR, Payroll, Financials or Student Software Products is a plus).
- Must be a collaborative team player with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Metadata-driven definitional development experience is a plus.
- Experience with XML and Integration technologies is a plus.
- 4 year degree in a computer related field or equivalent.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A leading provider of enterprise cloud applications, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest organizations.