Starbucks Baristas needed at UAlbany Dining!
Location: Albany, New York
Posted: December 22, 2017
Reference ID: berkshire31793-2017##31717
The Barista I provides exceptional customer service while making hand-crafted, quality beverages. The Barista will take orders and make coffee, tea and other drinks to customer specifications. The individual will also operate cash registers and credit card machines. The Barista fields customer complaints or questions while working to maintain good customer relations and speedy delivery of all beverages. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
* Greets customers, take orders, mixes and serves hot and cold beverages such as coffee, espresso, cappuccino, cafe latte, tea, chai, fruit blend drinks, etc. while considering customer specifications.
* Works to maintain good customer relations and speedy delivery of all beverages and food items.
* Arranges coffee bar/cart supplies and cups/mugs to make attractive displays.
* Maintains bar/cart area in a neat and sanitary manner.
* Often cleans coffee machines, restaurant areas, restrooms and preparation areas.
* Records all sales, collects money, operates a cash register and follows all cash-handling procedures as required.
* May sell food items.
* May operate a cash/credit card/electronic payment register.
* Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
* Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* /Job Qualifications:/*
* High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
* Customer Service related work experience.
* Must have knowledge of food preparation, sanitation, standards, and inventory control systems.
* No previous work experience required.
* Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
* Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
* Ability to use a computer.
* Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
* Basic food-handling skills.
Starbucks Baristas will be required to be certified.
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Maintains a positive attitude.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
*/Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):/*
* Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
*Sodexo – UAlbany Dining is now hiring!*
* Pay rate: $11.83 per hour*
*Unit location: UAlbany Dining - Starbucks*
* Full time (30-40 weekly hours) shifts available.*
Would you like the holiday season and summers off? Sodexo – UAlbany Dining may have the perfect job for you!
Full time eligible benefits include medical, dental, life insurance and a 401K
Interested in applying? Please fill out an application and complete the pre-employment assessment. Applicants who qualify for a position may be contacted by a manager to schedule a phone call and/or in-person interview.
* Job Description*
* Job Summary and Mission*
This position contributes to Starbucks success by providing legendary customer service to all customers. This job creates the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
*Summary of Key Responsibilities*
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners can locate resources and product as needed.
Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
Maintains regular and punctual attendance
*Summary of Experience*
No previous experience required
Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients
Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
*Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities*
Ability to learn quickly
Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to build relationships
Starbucks Corporation will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.