***This job posting is for Employees Only***
The StaRN Emergency Room RN Plus program provides a pathway for HCA Acute Care Medical- Surgical & Telemetry RNs to transition into the emergency department. The curriculum is based on the AACN National Standards of Care.
Program Starts: 10/2/17 - The program is facilitated by HealthTrust (part of the HCA family)
During this training you will receive the following certifications:
- 9 Weeks of didactic, including interactive classroom discussion with experienced StaRN ER Instructors.
- Hands-on ER Specific skills, basic ECG recognition, & Meditech (EDM Training)
ENA 2.0 - 45 online lessons (75.34 contact hours). The program provides 6 days of high-fidelity simulation incorporating 33 ER-specific scenarios in Pearland.
7 weeks of preceptorship in learner's facility with StaRN instructor follow up at 2-week intervals.Qualifications:
Eligible to transfer per policy:
- 2 Plus years of current RN experience in a non-ER area.
- 2 year agreement
- ADN nurses will need to commit to attaining a BSN within 2 years.
• 6 months in current position
• No write ups in the last 6 months
If you meet the above qualifications a recruiter will reach out to you for further prescreening.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom