Approximately 15,000 employees are making Air Products the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers. We strive to be a company of choice that is recognized by its colleagues, customers, and community as a company that draws strength, opportunity and financial growth from the diversity of its workforce. Our success will be directly attributed to having a work environment that is collaborative, inclusive and respectful of all people.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Start-up Lead at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The Air Products Corporate Headquarters is centrally located between NY and Philadelphia and is accessible from several major highways. The 2000 employees at this location enjoy benefits of an onsite fitness center and cafeteria services, participation in Employee Resource Groups, company sponsored events and volunteer activities.
View this video to learn more about the company culture: Air Products: Working here. Living here. Giving here.https://youtu.be/zArzLr34tiATo apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. You can apply specifically to Job Req #21612BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
The Standard Plant Product Line (SPPL) Team in North America has an opening for a working Start-Up Team Lead position reporting to the Process Technology Team Manager. In this position, the incumbent will support the development and provide supervision of Start-up Engineering functional capabilities within the SPPL team. The SPPL portfolio includes small hydrogen, adsorption (Oxygen VSA, Nitrogen PSA, Hydrogen PSA), membrane and cryogenic air separation plants. In addition to team management responsibilities, this person will be responsible for global coordination with other start-up engineering teams and Global Operations to ensure resources are available to support SPP start-ups. The individual will also coordinate with the larger SPPL Process Technology team to provide support, if / as-needed, to Process Technology functional needs (Process Engineering, Flowsheet Engineering, and Process Controls) for product development and project execution efforts.
This position involves the supervision of approximately two to four direct reports. Principal accountabilities of this position are as follows:
Qualifications for the position are as follows:
- Coordinate globally with other start-up engineering teams and Global Operations to ensure SPPL plant start-ups are properly resourced and that resources are properly trained.
- Provide functional excellence for Start-Up Engineering within the SPPL team.
- Directly supervise Start-Up engineering resources, including development of training plans, definition of critical skills, resource allocation and appraisals.
- Lead SPPL commissioning and start-up activities globally at sale of gas and customer third party facilities.
- Be a leader in site safety. Safely manage a commissioning team, and train / assist resources in the start-up, operation, and shutdown of process plants.
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot problems with processes, mechanical equipment, electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
- Manage project start-up efforts to both schedule and budget.
- B.S. in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or related field experience with hydrogen or cryogenic / non-cryogenic air separation technologies.
- At least ten years of experience in Engineering and/or Operations.
- Be self-motivating and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to motivate, coach, and supervise team members.
- Develop and cultivate working relationships with other groups / individuals within the Standard Plant Product Line Team (Process Technology Execution Team and Subject Matter Experts, Project Execution Team, Global Product Owners, etc.).
Be willing to travel globally for start-up activities as needed. Field assignments can vary from one to six weeks, depending on project complexity. The incumbent may expect to travel up to about 30% of the time in this position.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.