PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.Job Description
The mission of the State and Local
Tax (SALT) practice is to assist clients by assuring that their state and local tax burden is consistent with good business practices and states' applicable tax laws and rules. Our State and Local team assists clients with their state and local income based taxes, net worth based franchise taxes, transaction taxes such as sales use taxes, employment taxes, credits and incentives, and abandoned and unclaimed property (AUP), with the income/franchise and sales/use tax segments constituting the practice's major service areas. Because state and local tax issues impact virtually every company, regardless of size, a substantial portion of our State and Local Tax market is found in every market segment
- multinational companies, midcap companies, middle market and start-up companies. In addition, the State and Local Tax practice's combined experience allows us to provide clients with deep insight into state issues and policy matters.
Our national practice provides us with the ability to serve clients with professionals from the Firms regions best suited to address their issues, without regard to geographic barriers.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Certification(s) Required: CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar
Degree Preferred: Juris Doctorate with Accounting or Tax, or Master's degree in Taxation
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Complex, high-value, income, property, sales and use tax issues; and,
- State and local tax issues ranging from tax planning, restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, audit management and compliance work for companies with presence in multiple taxing jurisdictions.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Utilizing and applying into projects comprehensive technical skills in all state and local tax matters, including tax planning, consulting, compliance, restructuring, controversy and audit defense;
- Identifying and addressing client needs by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials; and,
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.