We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society and the workplace. IBM is a leader in this worldwide transformation and just the place to further define and develop your career in Tax. Our dedicated teams of business professionals give our clients more than solutions - we ask "what else is possible?" As a member of our IBM Tax team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your expertise with a market leader, while exploring and connecting with virtually every part of IBM, in over 160 countries. Did you know?
•IBM Tax is a dynamic, growing team with potential for career growth in many areas- you'll constantly learn, develop new skills and contribute to the advancement of your field. As an IBM Tax professional you'll have the opportunity to become a subject matter expert, expand your technical skills and abilities and leverage new opportunities within other tax areas or by participating in a Global Tax Assignment .
•IBM tax professionals work not only with federal and state income tax compliance, they collaborate closely with our legal, indirect tax, payroll, transfer pricing, corporate development and mergers and acquisitions teams to create, develop and implement business solutions that will continue to transform IBM's tax strategies.
•As an IBM tax professional you will gain exposure and experience to highly complex tax technical issues that may not be possible in another tax environment.
The State Tax Analyst
- Prepare multistate and local corporate income/franchise tax compliance.
- Assist with multistate and local corporate income/franchise tax audits.
- Prepare proposed and enacted legislation tracking, including analysis of impact.
- Support multistate and local tax planning with research, consulting, modeling and filing returns.
This position will interact regularly with State & Local Income Tax Team, Federal Income Tax Team, International Income Tax Team, Accounting & Finance
Candidate should have knowledge in the following areas
- Current knowledge of multistate and local corporate income/franchise tax filing issues including filing methods, modifications, apportionment and attributes.
- Working knowledge of state tax provision and state FIN48.
- Working knowledge of accounting rules, Internal Revenue Code provisions and state tax research tools.
Candidate should be a strong team player who can work efficiently and effectively under time constraints while working in a fast paced environment. Candidate should possess exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects. This position will have significant impact and interaction with personnel at all levels within IBM so the candidate should also possess demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills. Candidate should be a self-starter, willing to take initiative on assigned projects.CFOB75K
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.